About war in Ukraine

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
xxerox

Re: About war in Ukraine

Post by xxerox »

I don't see the problem with only russians groups and games.

They are not gonna do anything about the russian players so at least let them play with each other.
KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 »

Slugcom wrote: 01 July 2022, 10:57 Just some recent exemples :
https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=152491
Cardiceo Only Russians Cardiceo 10_07
Lucky Numbers Only Russians Lucky numbers 23_05
Welcome To Only Russians Paper blocks 29_05
Splendor Only Russians Splendor 04_07
Carcassonne Only Russians Carcassonne 30_06
Libertalia Only Russians • Libertalia 18_06
Can't Stop Only Russians Endless 04_06
Yahtzee Only Russians • bones 22_06 ...
This is clearly xenophobic and should be reported as such. According to BGA's messaging, they are compelled to crack down on this.
sourisdudesert wrote: 11 March 2022, 09:41 In particular, like we used to do in the past, we will punish any incitation to violence (which includes supporting a military aggression), and we will punish xenophobia (which includes discrimination based on country of origin). It is not a question of "taking side" or whatever, it is a question of applying the rules to keep this service running in the proper way.
voriki

Post by voriki »

KongKing123 wrote: 02 July 2022, 14:39
Slugcom wrote: 01 July 2022, 10:57 Just some recent exemples :
https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=152491
Cardiceo Only Russians Cardiceo 10_07
Lucky Numbers Only Russians Lucky numbers 23_05
Welcome To Only Russians Paper blocks 29_05
Splendor Only Russians Splendor 04_07
Carcassonne Only Russians Carcassonne 30_06
Libertalia Only Russians • Libertalia 18_06
Can't Stop Only Russians Endless 04_06
Yahtzee Only Russians • bones 22_06 ...
This is clearly xenophobic and should be reported as such. According to BGA's messaging, they are compelled to crack down on this.
sourisdudesert wrote: 11 March 2022, 09:41 In particular, like we used to do in the past, we will punish any incitation to violence (which includes supporting a military aggression), and we will punish xenophobia (which includes discrimination based on country of origin). It is not a question of "taking side" or whatever, it is a question of applying the rules to keep this service running in the proper way.
Then everyone else here saying they won't play with Russians is breaching the same rules.
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

[/quote]

Then everyone else here saying they won't play with Russians is breaching the same rules.
[/quote]

Who/ Where is anyone saying they won't play with Russians? That's like saying no one will play with US citizens because the Supreme Court has made bad decisions, or because our last president had orange skin and was a jerk. The average individual is in that country by luck of birth. I hope we can all play and get along here and add to the peace on the planet.

Don't be that person who can't see the humanity in another being who just wants to play a board game with you. Be the Light instead.
KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 »

voriki wrote: 02 July 2022, 23:11 Then everyone else here saying they won't play with Russians is breaching the same rules.
Except that can't be verified.
JoysJoy wrote: 03 July 2022, 02:54 Who/ Where is anyone saying they won't play with Russians? That's like saying no one will play with US citizens because the Supreme Court has made bad decisions, or because our last president had orange skin and was a jerk. The average individual is in that country by luck of birth. I hope we can all play and get along here and add to the peace on the planet.

Don't be that person who can't see the humanity in another being who just wants to play a board game with you. Be the Light instead.
Plenty of people will do everything in their power to avoid Russians on this site.

The Supreme Court making a nonsense ruling is quite different from invading another country and committing genocide and war crimes. According to polling, plenty of Russians support this too. Your Kumbaya message is a tad ridiculous.
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

JoysJoy wrote: 03 July 2022, 02:54 Who/ Where is anyone saying they won't play with Russians? That's like saying no one will play with US citizens because the Supreme Court has made bad decisions, or because our last president had orange skin and was a jerk. The average individual is in that country by luck of birth. I hope we can all play and get along here and add to the peace on the planet.

Plenty of people will do everything in their power to avoid Russians on this site.

The Supreme Court making a nonsense ruling is quite different from invading another country and committing genocide and war crimes. According to polling, plenty of Russians support this too. Your Kumbaya message is a tad ridiculous.
[/quote]

So the answer is to create an atmosphere of war here? That is not just a 'tad ridiculous'. That is being the same thing you hate. If we don't work towards peace in every place possible, we end up with endless war. It is not a good tactic for our species or the web of life. Hate needs to stop, so does the war. Choose to stop the war here and begin the spread of peace.
waltero

Post by waltero »

Nobody can deny the terror that the Russian government has forced onto Ukraine. Countless war crimes are being committed as we speak
Don't believe everything you hear. I Remember hearing the same thing during the Iraq Kuwait War. Turns out it was propaganda...not one iota of truth. We are no different than the Russskies. Seems as if the entire World has been gearing up for War? You have to ask yourself, why no Diplomacy?

The World has gone Mad!

You're wanting everybody to join in your madness...Sorry, isn't going happen...even so, chances are the entire world will be engulfed in War soon enough. Your position remains; If yourn not for us yourn against us...Great, support War not peace. You might find yourself sitting around the campfire singing Kumbaya message yourself (“Oh, Lord, come by here”), once you've engulfed the entire Globe into a War of your choosing!

You Bore me with your Dribble. Seek peace not War.
KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 »

waltero wrote: 04 July 2022, 05:33
Nobody can deny the terror that the Russian government has forced onto Ukraine. Countless war crimes are being committed as we speak
Don't believe everything you hear. I Remember hearing the same thing during the Iraq Kuwait War. Turns out it was propaganda...not one iota of truth. We are no different than the Russskies. Seems as if the entire World has been gearing up for War? You have to ask yourself, why no Diplomacy?

The World has gone Mad!

You're wanting everybody to join in your madness...Sorry, isn't going happen...even so, chances are the entire world will be engulfed in War soon enough. Your position remains; If yourn not for us yourn against us...Great, support War not peace. You might find yourself sitting around the campfire singing Kumbaya message yourself (“Oh, Lord, come by here”), once you've engulfed the entire Globe into a War of your choosing!

You Bore me with your Dribble. Seek peace not War.
There's been a lot of nonsense in this thread, but this post takes the cake.
player1772

Post by player1772 »

JoysJoy wrote: 03 July 2022, 02:54
[/quote]

Who/ Where is anyone saying they won't play with Russians? That's like saying no one will play with US citizens because the Supreme Court has made bad decisions, or because our last president had orange skin and was a jerk. The average individual is in that country by luck of birth. I hope we can all play and get along here and add to the peace on the planet.

[/quote]

Not everybody holds that view. I personally believe it's not only wrong but truly evil to put your own self interests above the life of your unborn child. But let's leave that topic to be discussed another day.

As I mentioned earlier, Russia should be held accountable for their actions. But is NATO truly blame free here? It is the actions taken by NATO that has brought us here in the first place. Ukraine has been used as a pawn in this geopolitical war, and sadly it is now being destroyed. The Russians have repeatedly said that they will not tolerate Ukraine joining NATO.

It is also important to understand how the mainstream media can twist facts to fit their narrative. For example, CNN had stated early in the war that the Russians were losing because they were incompetent fools. That is actually not true. The Russians were losing badly because the Ukrainian military is a very formidable fighting force. NATO has been training the Ukrainians for such an event since 2014. NATO is heavily invested in seeing the Ukrainians succeed. Another lie was stated when CNN made the claim Russia was working to restore the former Soviet Union. Russia is a declining great power. They do not even have the resources to fully take Ukraine. There is no way they can reconquer all the territories they had lost. Instead, they are taking (and destroying) eastern parts of Ukraine, which will likely later be used as a buffer zone between the two nations.

And that brings me to my last point. So why is Russia doing this? Ukraine joining NATO is essentially an existential threat to Russia. What do you think the Americans did during the Cuban missile crisis? Did they allow the Russians to put their missiles in Cuba? Of course not. So how is this situation any different? Please enlighten me. I am not looking to stir up any trouble here. I just want to have an intelligent and constructive discussion about this topic. If you think I am wrong, please feel free to respond. I would like to hear your thoughts. Thank you for reading my response.
DevillEye

Post by DevillEye »

Again, this not true what you are saying, please read: https://www.politico.eu/article/netflix ... -services/

Here's what they say: "In practice, this means people in the country will no longer be able to sign up for a new subscription starting on Monday, March 7, and current Russian subscribers will have access to their accounts only until the end of their current billing cycle. After this time, accounts belonging to Russian users will be temporarily suspended, until the situation in Ukraine changes, and Netflix may consider restarting their services in Russia.
Meanwhile, attempts are being made to smuggle Netflix into China, Iran, and North Korea. Anyone can use recurring billing software here to manage such kind subscriptions.

In a real sense, is this aiding Putin in media control?

The same is true for Google, Facebook, Twitter, and other services. When oppressive governments outlaw such tools, we denounce them. However, these tools are currently leaving Russia voluntarily, leaving only state-run media.
Last edited by DevillEye on 05 August 2022, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Discussions”