Halloween 1st Edition rules toggle?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Acewhatever

Halloween 1st Edition rules toggle?

Post by Acewhatever »

I tried to post this as a suggestion but the interface keeps asking me for a table number so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

First off, huge props to Thoun and whoever else worked on getting this game up and running. I'm sure you're probably tearing your hair out trying to work Power-Up into this.

Anyway, my friends and I have been playing the 1st edition for years now and they kinda don't like the 2nd edition change to Halloween that makes it mandatory to distribute costumes to each player on game start.

Is it possible to have a toggle to disable this rule like how the 2 player variant rule can be disabled?
Tisaac

Re: Halloween 1st Edition rules toggle?

Post by Tisaac »

Acewhatever wrote: 14 March 2022, 09:15 I tried to post this as a suggestion but the interface keeps asking me for a table number so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

First off, huge props to Thoun and whoever else worked on getting this game up and running. I'm sure you're probably tearing your hair out trying to work Power-Up into this.

Anyway, my friends and I have been playing the 1st edition for years now and they kinda don't like the 2nd edition change to Halloween that makes it mandatory to distribute costumes to each player on game start.

Is it possible to have a toggle to disable this rule like how the 2 player variant rule can be disabled?
Not sure to understand your issue, there is a list of mode you can set up on/off when creating a table, on the left side as in any other games with table options.
Acewhatever

Post by Acewhatever »

In the current edition of Halloween rules, each player begins with a costume card. In the 1st edition, this rule was OPTIONAL and not mandatory. The available table options don't have a toggle to disable having players start with a costume card.
voriki

Post by voriki »

Acewhatever wrote: 14 March 2022, 09:15 I tried to post this as a suggestion but the interface keeps asking me for a table number so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.
Input a random table, the system requires it unfortunately. Just make it clear the table is not involved.
As for your suggestion, I'm fairly certain it will be rejected, only current rules are available. The 1st edition rules and cards have been considered to be obsolete.
thoun

Post by thoun »

voriki wrote: 14 March 2022, 11:38
Input a random table, the system requires it unfortunately. Just make it clear the table is not involved.
As for your suggestion, I'm fairly certain it will be rejected, only current rules are available. The 1st edition rules and cards have been considered to be obsolete.
Yes I'm pretty sure publisher will refuse this, as it's not the last version, as they refused the 1st edition rules of the base game. They have no use to promote versions that doesn't exist anymore ;)
voriki

Post by voriki »

thoun wrote: 14 March 2022, 12:00 they refused the 1st edition rules of the base game.
Understandable, the rules of the 1st edition did not account for the expansions that followed, some of the detailed mechanics and prerequisites for an effect to take place.
Main changes is that the cards texts are clearer and use more symbols to avoid discussions and various interpretations.
The rule changes that happened such as Tokyo always filling up when empty, and apparantly the optional costume distribution(TIL) were mostly to get give the game a good boost in the beginning.

thoun wrote: 14 March 2022, 12:00 They have no use to promote versions that doesn't exist anymore ;)
I'm looking forward to what they'll have planned next(=what you'd have planned with their backing).
I wonder if that line specifically refers to something upcoming, new 'versions' are always welcome :)
Hopefully it's something that cheers people up, and doesn't make them feel too Dark about life.

Looking forward to March 25th, hopefully I'll have sufficiently recovered from my dental surgery on the 22nd. Altough I think the version-reference would more likely to be for April or May release if I would have to make a guess.
thoun

Post by thoun »

You'll see that soon :) I won't spoil the surprise!
Acewhatever

Post by Acewhatever »

Thanks for the feedback. Sadly this makes me look forward to Power-Up even less now if it won't even allow a mutant variant option. Seems counter-intuitive for Iello to not allow some fairly harmless 1st edition toggles on a digital version of the game.
voriki

Post by voriki »

Acewhatever wrote: 15 March 2022, 07:23 Thanks for the feedback. Sadly this makes me look forward to Power-Up even less now if it won't even allow a mutant variant option. Seems counter-intuitive for Iello to not allow some fairly harmless 1st edition toggles on a digital version of the game.
Even if they'd allow it, that's only step 1 of the progress. Then it also has to be programmed in, Thoun may rather give priority to other features that'd garner more fans.
thoun

Post by thoun »

Acewhatever wrote: 15 March 2022, 07:23 Thanks for the feedback. Sadly this makes me look forward to Power-Up even less now if it won't even allow a mutant variant option. Seems counter-intuitive for Iello to not allow some fairly harmless 1st edition toggles on a digital version of the game.
In the french PowerUp rulebook I found on the internet (from 2017 version), there is a Mutant Evolution variant. Have they removed it from english version ?

Return to “King of Tokyo”