Slow Replay

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Divadov

Slow Replay

Post by Divadov »

In games offline it's hard to see what other players has moved.

There will be great that replay of last movements there was like when the game ended, with buttons to advance step by step.
RobertBr

Re: Slow Replay

Post by RobertBr »

Lunalol would know about the practicalities but I think the replay is a site-wide feature, it works the same in all the games I play, so probably cannot be tailored to USE. Is there a particular element of the previous turn that you are finding it important not to miss?
Dren608

Post by Dren608 »

I believe that the replay function for USE is not working, at least not for the main event scenario. IT might work for some of the shorter scenarios.
There were some games getting "locked" because the log file got to large I think. This game is much larger in all the bits it tracks in the log file and that kind of precludes a complete play back. IT would be nice if we could get it, and if we did also would be nice to a t least set the time interval for each move to more than what seems like a nano-second. The module does keep the rules from being "missed" so there is that. and any time you need to respond (i.e. make a decision as a non-phasing player) it does stop and pass to your "turn".
You can scroll through the log back a far bit if you want to, I do that some times to see a specific Die roll split on a combat etc.
If you want a true replay type game I fear it will have to be on another platform for this game.
Divadov

Post by Divadov »

RobertBr
Elimination of units and city conquest are important things to kwow It.
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

Divadov wrote: 24 March 2022, 14:28 RobertBr
Elimination of units and city conquest are important things to kwow It.
Those are apparent from the map and the eliminated box of the player cards (located below the board when you have a game open). I'm a little unclear what it is you want to know about those losses other than that they have occurred?
Divadov

Post by Divadov »

the problem is that when I return to the game for play, i like too see that enemies has done.
The only thing to know it, is to read all events one by one.
Reading event you can see what units has been eliminated and you need to click in event to show where is the hex, return to event for the next important event, click again, etc.
There will be more easy a slow replay or can advance event step by step.
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

Can't be done with BGA framework, sorry.
BGA is a platform for boardgame, not optimized for wargames.
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

That would be a nice feature but it is something the sites general structure does not seem to allow for, I don't know of any games in which the replay function works that way (or even particularly well). So you are raising this in the wrong place. You can open bug/suggestion reports for site wide issues.

Return to “Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe”