Training mode solo always over time?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Dren608

Training mode solo always over time?

Post by Dren608 »

I have a solo game going of the main event in training mode, however BGA shows me as 'over time limit'.
Since I can't ever end my turn as it is always my turn (playing solo does that) this is frustrating.
It prevents my joining any other games of USE.
Is this a BGA thing or is there a way to not be tracking time in a solo Training game?
Lunalol

Re: Training mode solo always over time?

Post by Lunalol »

Just never create a real time mode game for USE but always use TURN BASED.
I think there is a button to switch real time to turn based (reverse is impossible).
Dren608

Post by Dren608 »

Lunalol wrote: 24 March 2022, 21:47 Just never create a real time mode game for USE but always use TURN BASED.
I think there is a button to switch real time to turn based (reverse is impossible).
It is a, training mode, turn based game, but it is also solo. Only one player means the game never registers that a player as completing a "turn", no matter the side its always my turn :)
Any USE game I try to create or join, it issues me a red highlighted message saying you are over time limit on at least one turn based game and won't let me join another game.
This is the main event game I am using to stream my solo play through. Guess I can save and reload each time I stream it.
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

It shouldn't have a time limit? Usually when I create a training mode game they just sit there in my games list without causing an issue.

Perhaps there is an oddity in your set up? Save the game, create a new training mode session making sure you have specified no time limit and load it into that, perhaps?
Dren608

Post by Dren608 »

RobertBr wrote: 25 March 2022, 11:01 It shouldn't have a time limit? Usually when I create a training mode game they just sit there in my games list without causing an issue.

Perhaps there is an oddity in your set up? Save the game, create a new training mode session making sure you have specified no time limit and load it into that, perhaps?
So when I start a solo (1 player ) game in training mode it is always starting me up in "Real time mode" I can't seem to find a setting to make it Turn based. it does give me a max time of 90 days for the game and 30 days to make moves. At least that is what it looks like.
Game #253528250, if anyone is interested. Can't figure out what I'm missing.
Dren608

Post by Dren608 »

Lunalol wrote: 24 March 2022, 21:47 Just never create a real time mode game for USE but always use TURN BASED.
I can't find a button to change the mode to turn based. The solo game is always starting up in real time mode...
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

Dren608 wrote: 26 March 2022, 05:38
I can't find a button to change the mode to turn based. The solo game is always starting up in real time mode...
The control is not in the game display. When you click on Play Now, before opening a table, you need to click on the middle option at the top, changing from Real Time to Turn Based, so it should read Simple Game, Turn Based, Manual, before you create a table.
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

I confirm that in real-time game mode, you have a button "change to turn-based" in right-top BGA menu.
Dren608

Post by Dren608 »

RobertBr wrote: 26 March 2022, 09:42
Dren608 wrote: 26 March 2022, 05:38
The control is not in the game display. When you click on Play Now, before opening a table, you need to click on the middle option at the top, changing from Real Time to Turn Based, so it should read Simple Game, Turn Based, Manual, before you create a table.
That is how it is set (turn based) but when I start a solo training mode the text says real time game, for main event. I think it is a turn based game the thing is since I am the only player it always assumes that I have not compteted a "turn" as there is only 1 player. This not really a problem if I concede then reload. IT was only noticeable because I am "streaming" a solo play through and usually only get one turn per stream in fair weather turns in USSR - way to much to do and comment on etc.
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

Weird. I just created a solo game to check. It didn't show a clock at all. It shows the rotating hour glass and appears in my list of tables to play a turn at but there doesn't seem to be any timer and it that it has a turn to play doesn't seem to create a problem with starting other games the way a standard game over time does.

Return to “Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe”