[OFFICIAL] “Nature vs. Machine: the Comeback!” event

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
thoun

[OFFICIAL] “Nature vs. Machine: the Comeback!” event

Post by thoun »

“Nature vs. Machine: the Comeback!” event is now available in King of Tokyo !

This option adds the Berserk die, allowing you to play with an offensive extra die! Roll 4 or more claw to activate Berserk mode, and you will keep it until you heal yourself.

If you want to play with “Nature vs. Machine: the Comeback!” event :
  • Automatic mode : On the game settings (gear icon on the lobby), in “Nature vs. Machine: the Comeback!” Event section, set "Enabled" to "I'm okay playing with". If you want to play only “Nature vs. Machine: the Comeback!” Event, set "Disabled" to "I never want to play with". You can also pick intermediate values to play mostly with “Nature vs. Machine: the Comeback!” Event.
  • Manual mode : set “Nature vs. Machine: the Comeback!” Event to "Enabled" when creating the table.
But thats not all! There is also the Mutant Evolution variant from Cybertooth Monster Pack.
Change to beast form to have one extra die roll, or stay in biped form to be able to buy Power cards.
This one will not be activated by default, but you can activate it by following above instructions, but for "Mutant Evolution variant" option.

As you can see in the picture, there will be more surprises for King of Tokyo! What do you think will be next?

Have fun playing this new version of King of Tokyo!
gabusan

Re: [OFFICIAL] “Nature vs. Machine: the Comeback!” event

Post by gabusan »

An actual, real expansion would be nice.
kaltses

Post by kaltses »

Power Up cards?
voriki

Post by voriki »

gabusan wrote: 26 March 2022, 00:47 An actual, real expansion would be nice.
Such as?
Introducing a new game mechanic is not?
AKuras

Post by AKuras »

Whats up with all these bad expansions?
Are game designers are so lazy or they have no idea whats is luck? All these expansion (exept maybe the curse cards) all of them favor lucky person. Theres no added strategy, no real game mechanic. Just pure luck for some One to roll 4 paws and then stomp the other.
Game is about who uses most dice overall and game cards that "add" dice over time untill you have significant advantage and win.
These exp just gives to The person who already is at advange by rolling 4 same dice another advantage on TOP of that.
Wheres exp that help the losing side? Wheres exp for some One that doesnt roll lucky....
voriki

Post by voriki »

AKuras wrote: 26 March 2022, 09:50 Wheres exp that help the losing side? Wheres exp for some One that doesnt roll lucky....
Everyone has equal chances in their rolls, there's no such thing as a person rolling unlucky.
AKuras

Post by AKuras »

voriki wrote: 26 March 2022, 23:11
AKuras wrote: 26 March 2022, 09:50 Wheres exp that help the losing side? Wheres exp for some One that doesnt roll lucky....
Everyone has equal chances in their rolls, there's no such thing as a person rolling unlucky.
Maybe in 1000 games not in One off game. And an exp that iš ballanced over many games is not ballanced.
Plus theres really alot of threads talking about randomness in bga. For sure its not for nothing.
Acewhatever

Post by Acewhatever »

Wow and I thought I was the negative nancy :lol:

I've been playing the physical version with my friends since 2013 and we still get cranky about strings of losses to this day due to bad luck. We're all convinced that one of us always gets triple+ 3's whenever he wants, another always gets as much claws as he needs, and 3rd always gets 4 of a kinds when he needs them (meanwhile I get squat). It's very easy to transfer that mindset into an assumption that digital dicerolls are somehow rigged.

Getting the berserk die isn't an instant win, because you still need to roll for that 1/6th chance to get the double claw face and every other player with half a brain will start gunning for you to force you out of berserk status or kill you.

There are already power cards that help you if you're lagging behind in points or energy and the 2nd edition changes to Halloween & Power Up were pretty much specifically made to reduce the randomness somewhat, so I don't know what more comeback mechanics you want exactly from KoT.

And thoun, thank you for your efforts.

Can I call back to voriki's suggestion about the board setup screen and ask if you can change the options to their proper expansion name? I don't know why Iello is creating a divide between physical and digital KoT players with these pointless event names that don't clearly reflect the expansion they're referring to. Also and more importantly, because the event names get reused with a new subtitle mobile users have to turn their devices sideways just to know which expansion they actually are.
thoun

Post by thoun »

In Monsters packs, you have elements included in these events, but also evolutions cards for these Monsters. So renaming it to real name would suggested it is fully implemented, and it isn't (yet).
I guess I could rename them if I add evolutions :)
voriki

Post by voriki »

thoun wrote: 29 March 2022, 09:52 I guess I could rename them if I add evolutions :)
If, or when? ;)

Return to “King of Tokyo”