New games list page

What's new on BGA ?
justanotherjo

Re: New games list page

Post by justanotherjo »

So much wasted real estate... it's pretty, but the games could take up 1/4 the space and get 4x the number of games on screen and lose no content. Can you make the wasted space also scale down when choosing smaller icon sizes? It's even worse on mobile. I only see 8 games now on the mobile screen, 12 on a PC. This is horrible!
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

justanotherjo wrote: 06 April 2022, 21:21 So much wasted real estate... it's pretty, but the games could take up 1/4 the space and get 4x the number of games on screen and lose no content. Can you make the wasted space also scale down when choosing smaller icon sizes? It's even worse on mobile. I only see 8 games now on the mobile screen, 12 on a PC. This is horrible!
The top right menu next to Filters is what you are looking for ;)
justanotherjo

Post by justanotherjo »

sourisdudesert wrote: 06 April 2022, 21:36
justanotherjo wrote: 06 April 2022, 21:21 So much wasted real estate... it's pretty, but the games could take up 1/4 the space and get 4x the number of games on screen and lose no content. Can you make the wasted space also scale down when choosing smaller icon sizes? It's even worse on mobile. I only see 8 games now on the mobile screen, 12 on a PC. This is horrible!
The top right menu next to Filters is what you are looking for ;)
That does little to help. Everything is still way too large even on the small setting. I have a 24 inch PC screen and get 16 games on screen. 12 on the phone. Everything is so spaced out and huge.
OonLoob

Post by OonLoob »

I appreciate the option to change the image size. It would be nice to have an option to remove the text as well and just have game's box images.
Respublik

Post by Respublik »

What I really dislike is the background, it's way to bright! You could use the same one that is used for the search bar for example...

The filters deployment's animation speed should be increased as it feels,migh I saaaayyyy, lethargic.
justanotherjo

Post by justanotherjo »

OonLoob wrote: 06 April 2022, 22:50 I appreciate the option to change the image size. It would be nice to have an option to remove the text as well and just have game's box images.
What they said!
Acathla

Post by Acathla »

Cette page grise est extrêmement triste, comparée au fond en bois si chaleureux, il y a moyen de changer ce fond ?
scott3387

Post by scott3387 »

Awful change currently but could be improved.

Currently my view looks like this

Play Again

[Welcom],[The Isle], [Railroad]

...etc

That's it, three games per category without even the full names. I'm on small icons btw. I can get full names on medium icons but then I have to scroll for ages. It's 500% worse than previous on a Samsung S8 right now. Also yes technically I can select the category at the top but the names and cut off boxes look terrible compared to the full box with name underneath and wooden background.

I don't know who told you BGA looked outdated. Boiteajeux is outdated but BGA was fine.
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

I only use the games page to see what's new in Beta/fully launched games since my last visit. Now it's pretty hard to spot that among all the shiny, useless stuff.

I particularly hate the HUGE banner recommending I try a game I've already played on BGA several times.

Can I disable your recommendations to me forever?
Kuzai

Post by Kuzai »

I like the filters at the top, but not a fan of the all white background compared to the wood/brown that was there before (and is currently on other pages). It makes the page feel washed out, and since the game names are also surrounded by a white border, it all blends together a bit worse.

Also, can an option please be added to allow the game names to be under the game box images again for readability?

Return to “BGA release notes”