New games list page

What's new on BGA ?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

New games list page

Post by sourisdudesert »

As you know, last year we started to set up important changes in the BGA UX to make it more modern, intuitive and easy to use.

After the new player panel (top right), the new friends panel, the new design for the mobile version of BGA, and the new rich search bar; today we are happy to introduce a games list page.

It is Fast Now!

If you are a regular user of BGA, it should not be difficult to see the main immediate benefit of this new page: the old games list page was incredibly slow to display, while the new one is incredibly fast. The old page was designed do display ~100 games (which was the number of games on BGA at that time), but the growing number of games made this page difficult to use.

Categories, Tags and Filters

The BGA team also did a full review of all of the games on BGA to associate them with the correct categories ("Party game," "Deck building," ...), and also by adding categories that were missing. Thanks to that, you can now enjoy a powerful "filters" panel that allows you to find the exact type of games you are looking for.

Nicer Game Blocks

The games are now displayed in a way that is consistent with the omnibar search. The quick overview of the game when your mouse hovers over it should be very helpful when you are exploring the games looking for a new one to try. It is worth noticing that their design is still a work in progress and will be improved in the future, but it is already better than before. :)

Custom Lists (Premium Feature)

You can now create custom list of games using the "Add to list" feature (after selecting the "+" button on a game).

You can for example create a list of games "My best games for Turn-based," or "Games to play with family," or any list that suits your needs.

And More ...

... but best is to try it out yourself :)

And Now?

We are happy to see that you are already familiar with our previous changes (player panel, friends panel, search bar, ...) and our stats show that you are using them a lot! We hope that you will like this one as well.

As we said in the previous months: this is not the last update, and more changes are coming to BGA to make this service faster, more intuitive, and easier to use. Changes are always difficult, but to see you using this service more and more is our best reward.
dafsdfgfbdf

Re: New games list page

Post by dafsdfgfbdf »

extremely big change...

I'm looking for a list that display all games, but I didn't find it. Not the 'all games' in the blue bar, but the page that display every game in the same page. Precisely, I am looking for the page that display every single game base on popularity.

There are some useful resources but not exactly the same thing

display games base on alphabetical order : https://boardgamearena.com/startwannaplay
display games base on active number of tables : https://boardgamearena.com/gameinprogress
el cosimo

Post by el cosimo »

Nice feature for own list. Just miss option to mass select games or mass delete games from it. Or didn’t see that option
Rieleva

Post by Rieleva »

Love custom list, so nice to have. Thx
DoctorSink

Post by DoctorSink »

Am I crazy or is there a bunch of alpha games that disappeared?
dafsdfgfbdf

Post by dafsdfgfbdf »

David Tadeu wrote: 06 April 2022, 14:10 extremely big change...

I'm looking for a list that display all games, but I didn't find it. Not the 'all games' in the blue bar, but the page that display every game in the same page. Precisely, I am looking for the page that display every single game base on popularity.

display games base on alphabetical order : https://boardgamearena.com/startwannaplay
display games base on active number of tables : https://boardgamearena.com/gameinprogress
I find out the solution.

I need to choose every settings in Filters->Number of players, then I can see all 458 games, assigned by popularity.

If I choose every settings in Play time, only 457 games will display.
If I choose every settings in Complexity, only 436 games will display.
ufm

Post by ufm »

DoctorSink wrote: 06 April 2022, 15:28 Am I crazy or is there a bunch of alpha games that disappeared?
Now only alpha games that you have joined their player group are displayed.
To find others, check reviewer page from community tab.
Mythrix

Post by Mythrix »

David Tadeu wrote: 06 April 2022, 17:40
David Tadeu wrote: 06 April 2022, 14:10 extremely big change...

I find out the solution.

I need to choose every settings in Filters->Number of players, then I can see all 458 games, assigned by popularity.

If I choose every settings in Play time, only 457 games will display.
This is quite a good solution, but I am still pretty sad about this change overall because I can't search the games by name (CTRL+F). Why do I want to do that? So I can find the last game I added in this list and roll a D20 to choose a new random game from there. Why do I want to do that? Because BGA for some reason has no 'pick me a random game' button!

Please please please add a 'random' button!
Archduke

Post by Archduke »

Mythrix wrote: 06 April 2022, 19:26
This is quite a good solution, but I am still pretty sad about this change overall because I can't search the games by name (CTRL+F). Why do I want to do that? So I can find the last game I added in this list and roll a D20 to choose a new random game from there. Why do I want to do that? Because BGA for some reason has no 'pick me a random game' button!

Please please please add a 'random' button!
You’re in luck! If you open by the omnibar in the top left (by clicking the text box or the magnifying glass) and scroll down, there is a “Go to a random game” button.

Relatedly, this is also a good way to search for a game by name.
cigma

Post by cigma »

David Tadeu wrote: 06 April 2022, 17:40 If I choose every settings in Play time, only 457 games will display.
When I use the button "2 player" I find 131 games. When I use the filter "number of players: 2" I find 397 games. I'm confused.

If the button "2 player" is meant for "2 player only" (which is likely), then some games are not listed correctly, e. g. Butterfly, Splendor.

Or does the button "2 player" mean "recommended for 2 players"? And if so, will you also recommend games for other player numbers? Maybe this should better be a filter with list of player numbers? So we have 2 different filters with list of player numbers: 1) playable with player number.., 2) recommended with player number...

EDIT:
The button "2 player" was renamed to "Best with 2 player". Thank you for fast the clarification!
Last edited by cigma on 10 April 2022, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)

Return to “BGA release notes”