Suggestion - overlay to show activated enemy units on my turn

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Joe

Suggestion - overlay to show activated enemy units on my turn

Post by Joe »

It might have already been mentioned - it would be nice if there was an overlay at the start of my turn, showing which enemy units activated previously. Checking coordinates from the log is quite cumbersome.

Is this possible programming-wise?
Tisaac

Re: Suggestion - overlay to show activated enemy units on my turn

Post by Tisaac »

Joe wrote: 11 April 2022, 18:31 It might have already been mentioned - it would be nice if there was an overlay at the start of my turn, showing which enemy units activated previously. Checking coordinates from the log is quite cumbersome.

Is this possible programming-wise?
That's not the place for suggestions, please use the bug/suggestions system so that others Can upvote
Joe

Post by Joe »

Tisaac wrote: 11 April 2022, 18:57
That's not the place for suggestions, please use the bug/suggestions system so that others Can upvote
I get that, but I wanted to open a discussion on this topic. Otherwise, what would this corner of the forums be for?
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Joe wrote: 12 April 2022, 05:39
Tisaac wrote: 11 April 2022, 18:57
I get that, but I wanted to open a discussion on this topic. Otherwise, what would this corner of the forums be for?
Usually it's more for discussing more general topic, or debate about something. Your topic seems specific enough to fit the suggestion system just fine. If other players agree about that issue, they will upvote and discuss it by replying to your suggestion, as it is the case for the #1 suggestion for instance :)
Last edited by Tisaac on 12 April 2022, 11:38, edited 1 time in total.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Again, I agree - and what you say would be the outcome of this.

I just do not see anything to be discussed, that is neither a bug nor a suggestion...
twenty9oh7

Post by twenty9oh7 »

Agreed that it would be nice for mobile users. Going through the logs is a chore with asynch. Not 100% sure how it would work, but my thought was a toggle or preference to automatically show last move when opening the game....I'm like you though where I don't know if that's a BGA suggestion or a Memoir 44 suggestion in regards to the UI development.
Joe

Post by Joe »

twenty9oh7 wrote: 12 April 2022, 15:04 I'm like you though where I don't know if that's a BGA suggestion or a Memoir 44 suggestion in regards to the UI development.
That I do not know. But I hope this discussion can clear that up!
harmonius

Post by harmonius »

If I understand correctly you would like something like this ?

But I don't really know how/when to display it.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

harmonius wrote: 12 April 2022, 16:20 If I understand correctly you would like something like this ?

But I don't really know how/when to display it.
It's not clear what that means, at least for me. If green means movement, then the units should be at the end of the arrows since they moved, no ?
Joe

Post by Joe »

If at all possible, the units that acted/moved should be highlighted, say in green, AND if they moved, an arrow could show where they moved from.

As to battles, the hexes where they occured could be highlighted in red, as well as the defending units (if they survived), otherwise the lone red hex would be an indication that the defending unit was destroyed (or it retreated, in which case an arrow could also show where).

Hope I am clear?

Return to “Memoir 44”