who plays for skip?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
master of bluff

who plays for skip?

Post by master of bluff »

please write youre name if you play/bomb if a player skip you and hint or save ahead of you .
i really appericiate if you introduce youreselfs . so i can red thumb you all at once.
and please . please please dont teach that nonsense to others atleast
it can be a topic so you guys can find eachother and just play among youreselfs .
we cant play with two convention in one table.
i already red thumbed 5 players and i think there should be more players like that . so atleast tell us so we dont play with you guys . cause you just bombs over bombs in all games
beraudmusic

Re: who plays for skip?

Post by beraudmusic »

1finesses just did this. got super angry that another player skipped him and then proceeded to bomb every next play
apotap

Post by apotap »

BusError

Post by BusError »

While I agree skip-to-play is a scourge on the earth, this post seems a bit adversarial. Let's discuss the reasons why skip-to-play is bad:

1. It prevents any sort of discard management: If you're after me to with two trash chop cards I can't do anything to encourage you to discard but empty clue. If the player after you has cards worthy of clues -- you then clue them and you don't discard your trash. Optimizing for discarding trash is very valuable.
2. It breaks bluffs. If I skip you to clue a playable card and then you play left, the player after you has to assume it was a bluff and now doesn't play their playable card.

Any other reasons this convention is sub-optimal?

Return to “Hanabi”