Shifting Stones: Not Recommended for Experience Gamers

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Armses

Shifting Stones: Not Recommended for Experience Gamers

Post by Armses »

Game is a luck-fest. Players luck into high scoring patterns for no cost due to actions of opponents who have no idea what they are setting up for other players. Game is fine for young players. Not recommended for experienced gamers.
OlegAney

Re: Shifting Stones: Not Recommended for Experience Gamers

Post by OlegAney »

Shifting Stones for experienced gamers might be best played between two people in a duel-like manner. Like any good game, playing well takes a little bit of thought and there are a few ways to go about crafting a good turn and being in with a chance to win.There’s also the opportunity for some satisfying combos (=big plays), which I think is a great way to let experience individuals feel great about their turns. :P
CocoButters

Post by CocoButters »

Disagree on this - there is a lot of strategy and paying attention to what your opponent does. I really enjoy it! :D
Definitely best with 2 players, 3 is also good.
justanotherjo

Post by justanotherjo »

CocoButters wrote: 22 September 2023, 23:37 Disagree on this - there is a lot of strategy and paying attention to what your opponent does. I really enjoy it! :D
Definitely best with 2 players, 3 is also good.
Agreed. It's like any other game, you look at the board and make your move to gain the best score possible. It's a simple game. Simple can be fun too. Not every game needs to be Puerto Rico....
Zapanhak

Post by Zapanhak »

Some complain that it's a luck-fest. But luck is a factor in any game involving card decks. I would argue that there's no more luck in Shifting Stones than there is in poker. It's all about making the most of what you're dealt. Those who grasp the strategies involved will consistently defeat those who don't. This is a fascinating and rewarding game for players who enjoy manipulating tiles in a grid.

Return to “Shifting Stones”