In this colourful card duel, two players try to create as many RAINBOWS as possible by placing their cards into the common area. Be careful you do not end up in the shadow, and use the power of light to form complete RAINBOWS. Tactics, combination skills and a good memory are what it takes to win.
The aim of the game is...
...to collect more cards than your opponent by playing your cards skilfully.
On your turn, you can play up to 3 cards in the common area, but you have to play at least 1 card. However:
- If you want to play more than 1 card, you must turn over any one of the cards already on the table. This means cards will always be turned over and played alternately. You cannot turn over or play two cards in a row.
- You can choose to play your cards "standard" or "blind".
Standard means you place the card with the side you can see facing up.
Blind means you place the card with the back (that you have not seen) facing up.
- Error! If you play or turn over a card in a colour that is already on display, you lose the round. Your opponent receives all of the cards in the row.
- Shadow! If you play or turn over a card in black, you lose the round. Your opponent receives all of the cards in the row.
- Rainbow! If you succeed in playing the 6th card of the row in a colour still missing from the rainbow, you have successfully formed a RAINBOW. As a reward, you receive all 6 cards.
The game ends immediately when there are not enough cards in the deck for a player to bring their hand back up to 3 cards. The player who has collected the most cards in their personal pile wins.
You can try it now by clicking here:
Of course, nothing would have been possible without the help of Mathias Spaan, the game designer, as well as Piatnik, the publisher.
This game is a worldwide phenomenon, and thanks to the work of stefano, you can play it online right now on BGA.
A tutorial is also available for all to learn it.
Take care and play fair!
See you on Wednesday...