Gamelist page feedback & upgrades

What's new on BGA ?
symplekaos

Re: Gamelist page feedback & upgrades

Post by symplekaos »

Would just love an option to view everything without categories. Both desktop and mobile benefit really well from vertical scrolling. I feel like this new page has really obscured the available titles. It looks pretty but is not very useable.
Silene

Post by Silene »

Is it possible as a user to add tags to games for the filters?

For example there's a filter by theme. One option is "Trains". But there are games missing in the list you get to see there: "Colt Express" and "Steam Rollers" are both not in the list even though those have a strong trains-theme.

Is there anything a user can do to fix the used tags for the games?
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Silene wrote: 27 April 2022, 11:37 Is it possible as a user to add tags to games for the filters?

For example there's a filter by theme. One option is "Trains". But there are games missing in the list you get to see there: "Colt Express" and "Steam Rollers" are both not in the list even though those have a strong trains-theme.

Is there anything a user can do to fix the used tags for the games?
Thanks for reporting this: this has been fixed!
Dilapinated

Post by Dilapinated »

symplekaos wrote: 26 April 2022, 20:19 Would just love an option to view everything without categories. Both desktop and mobile benefit really well from vertical scrolling. I feel like this new page has really obscured the available titles. It looks pretty but is not very useable.
I would also appreciate this verymuch. The current horizontal-scrolling setup feels much less friendly to use than the previous one.
el cosimo

Post by el cosimo »

Dilapinated wrote: 27 April 2022, 21:38
symplekaos wrote: 26 April 2022, 20:19 Would just love an option to view everything without categories. Both desktop and mobile benefit really well from vertical scrolling. I feel like this new page has really obscured the available titles. It looks pretty but is not very useable.
I would also appreciate this verymuch. The current horizontal-scrolling setup feels much less friendly to use than the previous one.
You get the same view when you just select category of apply one filter. I will never use the full game list and try to filter to a game what I want
kev360uk20

Post by kev360uk20 »

I think if we were going to be stuck with this awful system of scrolling right and this new list screen, that all of the logos should have been created first rather than roll out the change with barely any games having proper logo screens and just having the white line and text. Really poor how this has been rolled out. Be nice is the admins let us know which changes that lots of people have commented on will be kept or which will be reverted back/options added to customise view. Surely it can't be that difficult to allow users to select either display the name and customised art which is the current system, or display the game box, for which all the art is there anyway.

Also please please add an option to remove the 'discover' box and remove the hover over pop outs.
Castamere

Post by Castamere »

You should focus on making it easier for players to get a good overview of the games that are available. This is especially important now when there are so many games on BGA. Currently, the game page is a confusing mess. I wouldn't be surprised if some players - especially those who are new to board games - simply give up because the game list is so clunky and overwhelming.

Anyway, keep working on improving the site.
symplekaos

Post by symplekaos »

el cosimo wrote: 28 April 2022, 11:23
Dilapinated wrote: 27 April 2022, 21:38
You get the same view when you just select category of apply one filter. I will never use the full game list and try to filter to a game what I want
I'm not looking for a particular game. I just want to see all games alphabetically. I use it browse. In theory, if all filters are set to "Any" then everything should display. However, in the current setup the games are still presorted into categories like previously played, suggested, etc. I don't want any of that. Just a scrolling list or grid view of every game in alphabetical order so I can just browse all offerings. The current listing is just painful in that it you see a lot less and the horizontal scrolling is painful. It's pretty, just not very useful if all you want to do is just see everything.
Archduke

Post by Archduke »

symplekaos wrote: 24 May 2022, 21:46 I just want to see all games alphabetically.
You can browse all games alphabetically here: https://boardgamearena.com/gamelist?all ... name%3Aasc
ufm

Post by ufm »

With newly added small size game name banners, translated game names are displayed below the center but when I try to search a game letters I typed changes into blue color, making them unreadable.
This gets even weirder with multiple search results:

Return to “BGA release notes”