Gamelist page feedback & upgrades

What's new on BGA ?
cigma

Re: Gamelist page feedback & upgrades

Post by cigma »

KentuckyGamer wrote: 22 April 2022, 02:41 The categories scroll quickly.
...if you use a special BGA mouse which can scroll horizontally :D
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
al6942

Post by al6942 »

quelle déception que cette nouvelle présentation ,
moi qui régulièrement affichait la liste complète des jeux , là ce n'est plus possible ....
Vainvain01

Post by Vainvain01 »

Bonsoir

Je n'aime pas cette nouvelle interface, je trouve qu'elle n'est pas du tout ergonomique.

Même en mettant les icônes en petits, je n'affiche que 20 jeux alors qu'avec l'ancienne interface, avec les icone en petits, j'en affichais plus du double.Ce qui était plus facile pour, d'un coup d’œil, trouver un jeux.
JimmyPop

Post by JimmyPop »

I feel the feedback is not being received. I play on mobile. When I'm in the Play Now page to pick games to join, it has a good UI layout. It has full recognizable box art, easily readable titles, scrolls up and down to view the list of games. It is very natural and easy to absorb what you are looking at.

Now the new Game page design has none of that. Nothing is recognizable. The original full box art is gone. The images are short and small. Scrolling left and right is uneffective for navigation or viewing multiple games quickly. Instead of easily seeing 8 to 10 games at once like when horizontal scrolling, you can only see three. How can that be thought of as a good design? Scrolling left and right has no place anywhere when browsing lists of content.

I'm sorry if this comes across harsh but I'm just trying to share my opinion on the site and service that I enjoy so much. I don't want to become frustrated everytime I want to browse the games.
TabbyCat2003

Post by TabbyCat2003 »

I am also not fond of this new Game Page design. I find it aesthetically unappealing and difficult to navigate. I absolutely HATE it.
Syom

Post by Syom »

Welp, this update is one more reason to move to superior other sites that consistently prefer user experience above looking "pretty" and "modern"
kev360uk20

Post by kev360uk20 »

Syom wrote: 23 April 2022, 14:13 Welp, this update is one more reason to move to superior other sites that consistently prefer user experience above looking "pretty" and "modern"
Which other sites do you refer to? I'll have a look. I use * already, are there more? Thanks :)

*Moderator edit: From our FAQ:
What guidelines should I follow when communicating?
And finally, do not use Board Game Arena communication resources to advertise other gaming websites. If you want to talk about your experience elsewhere, please just say something like 'on another gaming website'.
al6942

Post by al6942 »

pitiéééééé !!! remettez une fonction qui permette de voir la totalité du catalogue !!
justinbragdon

Post by justinbragdon »

I really hope there is no plan to update the 'PLAY NOW' section to the "updated" version... I can put up with the new 'GAMES' section for a little while to add interesting games. The new tweaks have improved things marginally, but overall it is still a visual nightmare. The 'PLAY NOW' section still works really well... for now... I hope it stays that way.

The growing sentiment is that BGA has spent a lot of time, money and energy on this overhaul leading to a reluctance to make any substantive change to the overall design. Tweaking the aesthetics of a bad design does not fix the bad design. When you get deep into a project, it is easy to get blinded to it's faults. Please listen to the users of BGA... We appreciate the effort to improve things, but sometimes things just don't work as envisioned. Take a break from working on the overhaul, rest for a little while, and come back to it with fresh eyes.

A lot of us board gamers are "systems" people. When systems don't work, we can be quick to point it out. A game has to ultimately work, if it's beautiful, then that adds to the appeal. Right now, the overhaul doesn't work and isn't visually appealing (or clear). I've said enough... I love BGA, will continue to be a Premium member, and will continue to tell others they should join... But this overhaul (so far) is not accomplishing the goal of making it easier to find/see new and interesting games.
cigma

Post by cigma »

justinbragdon wrote: 26 April 2022, 04:07 I really hope there is no plan to update the 'PLAY NOW' section to the "updated" version...The new tweaks have improved things marginally, but overall it is still a visual nightmare. The 'PLAY NOW' section still works really well... for now... I hope it stays that way.
UPVOTE!
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)

Return to “BGA release notes”