Tile 26 First edition

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
PappyGarcia

Tile 26 First edition

Post by PappyGarcia »

Anyone see that tile 26 is worth 3 per color completed now in the first edition? They meshed the two versions together. I think it's great, considering the first version is far superior and just needed a few tweaks. Also make the type of goods sold tile cap at 15 points and you have a perfect game. Don't even mention tile 6 in the newer version, it's an abomination.
Pistol Star

Re: Tile 26 First edition

Post by Pistol Star »

Could you or anyone please share a link to a game of the first edition in which knowledge tile 26 gives a player 3 points per completed color?
I think this tweak is too much to be honest. It is in the first edition already a clearly better than average tile as it scores a player very securely 6-8 points with the very few games in between in which it scores 4 or 10 points. You know you have to not get out of your way to "make it" much better than an average tile. Like you have to do nothing you wouldn't do anyways. That's always a great attribute to any tile if it doesn't force you to do very specific things in order to score well.

When it however gives a player 3 points per completed color it just becomes a very overpowered tile.

I like your idea of capping knowledge tile 15 to maximum 15 points.

I also love the idea of mashing the 2 versions together :)

I would love to be able to do buys in between actions like in the 2019 version.
My dream would be to place a city hall then buy a castle and place the castle when I originally had already 3 tiles :D

So true what you wrote about knowledge tile 6 :D
PappyGarcia

Post by PappyGarcia »

I have a pic but it won't let me load it, I'm not too computer savvy. Playing a game today and i26 was back to 2 points, so Idk.
Pistol Star

Post by Pistol Star »

PappyGarcia wrote: 29 April 2022, 07:11 I have a pic but it won't let me load it, I'm not too computer savvy. Playing a game today and i26 was back to 2 points, so Idk.
I am pretty sure you was just playing the 2019 edition with probably the artwork of the 1st edition when KT26 was worth 3 points each.

I am so sure because BGA can't simply change the original game of whatever version it is. They would need an official variant given out by the designer of the game in order to do such change. Like they need an official approval by the designer and publisher as far as I know.

If you want to upload your images and share it with others you can try this link here:
I use it often and it's a very easy and quick way to upload and share your images with others.

https://imgbb.com/upload
PappyGarcia

Post by PappyGarcia »

You might be right. Don't know how someone snuck a 2019 game on me but I'm not happy about it. 😂
Pistol Star

Post by Pistol Star »

PappyGarcia wrote: 30 April 2022, 05:36 You might be right. Don't know how someone snuck a 2019 game on me but I'm not happy about it. 😂
:lol:

Was it this 3 player game on board 6, when you got two mines in Phase A and your last mine in phase B?
https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=256563465

Extremely hard to beat that start on this board by the way ;)

I just watched the first 2 Phases of the game from your perspective and it shows me the original artwork of the game even though you did play the 2019 version by accident.

You can see which version was played by looking back at the game on your own page. After clicking on the game you can see what settings this game had.
PappyGarcia

Post by PappyGarcia »

So we have been playing the 2019 edition since this. Last game I aquired tile 6.. my final stats where I took 15 take worker actions and 12 take tile actions. Won by 40. So broken. I think the new edition you can use workers but not for the middle tiles.?
PappyGarcia

Post by PappyGarcia »

Also ended the game with 15 silver but bought tiles in the middle the whole game. :o
Pistol Star

Post by Pistol Star »

It's simply against the spirit of the game and if Stefan Feld would have realized it's strength and it's perfect and hyper-boring use then he would have surely never ever upgraded this tile to this strength. I know that he is a teacher and he doesn't use much mathematics when deciding how to balance a game. He just uses his gut a lot and he is nearly always right with his gut. But this time he was clearly way off.

The whole game is centered about difficult decisions like "I want this and that tile the most but it costs me 2 workers to get both" "Should I do this and that instead which is weaker but costs me 0 workers?" "My opponent rolled a 5 and a 3 and can do this and that" Maybe I should block her from doing this by taking this tile over there and then..." etc. etc.

With new knowledge tile 6 most of these questions became obsolote and you simply always take the best tile on the board regardless of your rolls and it feels to me just plain stupid and 0 fun. I like this game because of it's difficult decisions. It's like a puzzle :)
Pistol Star

Post by Pistol Star »

PappyGarcia wrote: 22 September 2022, 03:26 So we have been playing the 2019 edition since this. Last game I aquired tile 6.. my final stats where I took 15 take worker actions and 12 take tile actions. Won by 40. So broken. I think the new edition you can use workers but not for the middle tiles.?
Knowledge tile 6 works like this in the 2023 edition: "Once per round, spend two workers to obtain a brown building from any of the six offerings"

Return to “The Castles of Burgundy”