Tuesday League Season 5, including turn-based

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
ejayAD

Tuesday League Season 5, including turn-based

Post by ejayAD »

Teaser Video

Terra Mystica Tuesday League - Season 5

Terra Mystica's Tuesday evening fun and friendly league is back and EVERYONE is encouraged to play! As ever, Whatever your experience level, wherever you are in the world, we want you in the tournament! Come and have some fun, improve your game and maybe one day you'll play in the Premier League!

Season 5 is scheduled to start on Tuesday 17th May, running every Tuesday for 5 weeks, with each player having a one week bye.

Concurrently the popular turn-based (asynchronous) TMTL league on Board Game Arena will be running.

Go to the #sign-up channel for the form.

You have until Friday 6th May - around a week - to register.

As before, the above Discord server is the best place to get involved with the tournament, join the discussion, and find out when and with who your games are. Please come and join in - even if you are not a player.

LEAGUE TIMES - LIVE
- American time zone: 8pm Eastern US time
- European time zone: 8pm Central European time
- New Zealand time zone: 8pm New Zealand time (11pm Monday Pacific US time)
- Asian time zone: 8pm Hong Kong time

Players are free to join whichever time suits them best - or multiple!

Last season the Asian time zone did not get enough registrations. However, if people sign up, we would love to run it again.

- Premier League combines the best of both leagues, for the top players

TURN BASED
- 5 games per division, completed simultaneously within 5 weeks

RULES
Rules effectively unchanged from last season:
- Matches are played on Board Game Arena
- Five weeks of matches, five players per season
- 4 player games - each player has one bye week
- Points awarded 6/3/1/0 1st through 4th
- One player is the 'home' player each week and chooses the match settings
Full rules on the Discord server Discord Server
Fire and Ice factions and fan factions are not included by default but if divisions mutually agree to include them they can go for it!

BROADCASTS
WebberAJ is now the awesome resident broadcaster for the Premier League matches. The majority of games will be shown live on his Twitch, please get yourself subscribed!

As ever the Terror Mystery Cats Twitch will have streams of the European leagues.

The #streams channel on the Discord will have more players streaming.

FUNDRAISER
We are once again collecting donations Against Malaria Foundation. Players who are financially able, and want to, can donate $5 or equivalent for participating in the league, it is a fantastic cause... and we might set a reward if the fundraiser meets a certain target.
ejayAD

Re: Tuesday League Season 5, including turn-based

Post by ejayAD »

Just wanted to clarify a few things to those looking...

This tournament is seeded by Elo, into groups of 5 players - so you should be playing games with players of a similar level to you.

We absolutely want EVERYONE to be involved, inexperienced or expert, there is no miniumum Elo requirement!
Please do not feel like you need to be at a certain level, or that you might not be "good enough."
This is all about fun and friendly competition, with like-minded players.

There is no maximum player number! The more the merrier! If you can play live on Tuesdays, or turn-based, please we'd love you to sign up.

And as ever, any questions I'm happy to answer here, or on the Discord server
Juliar86

Post by Juliar86 »

Would like to participate without discord, is it possible?
ejayAD

Post by ejayAD »

Hi Juliar, unfortunately we have decided to insist that every player comes to the Discord server, as that is where we do all of the league administration, and where the players meet to discuss and plan games.

If you need any help or advice getting on Discord I am happy to help, please message me! I think it is worth it as you will find a good group of people there :)

Apologies if that is not convenient for you, though.
ejayAD

Post by ejayAD »

TMTL Explainer video

For the new players finding the tournament, the best way to understand what we do is probably come to the Discord, and read the rules.

However for those that it helps, above I have made a quick video trying to explain it all, including the Discord server.

It's badly prepared, confusing and way too long but maybe it will help!
ejayAD

Post by ejayAD »

Game Week 1

First round of live games is Tomorrow, Tuesday 17th May

If you are registered for the tournament, please come to the Discord server and make sure you are ready for the match with your division mates.

https://youtu.be/-c9Wt05I2CU
Here is a little video where I looked at the divisions in this season's tournament and who is playing!

Return to “Terra Mystica”