Great Western Trail: When you need need nothin' more than a hat, horse, and the will to ride...

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Patrick of the Isles

Re: Great Western Trail: When you need need nothin' more than a hat, horse, and the will to ride...

Post by Patrick of the Isles »

bananasplay wrote: 04 May 2022, 12:57
DrClick wrote: 04 May 2022, 10:38 Not forgetting the developer, docthib, who managed to port this game right to Board Game Arena, and deserves our thanks and respect for it.
GWT is one of my all-time favourite games, and I had very high standards for what I expected out of an online implementation anywhere. docthib met those expectations right out of the gate when I encountered the game in Alpha, with a far more polished, solid, and resource-unintensive implementation than many games that ultimately are released out of Beta—not to Beta, out of Beta to full release.

On top of this, he was incredibly receptive to suggestions for further improvements (no matter how small!), which has been a breath of fresh air. Truly very easy to work with and friendly and courteous in his communication. So, my public kudos and thanks to him for all of the above!

I've no doubt that will be enjoying this implementation for months to come!
I want to second that. This implementation feels like the gold standard for games of this type, and Docthib's eagerness to implement suggestions has been utterly delightful.
MegaTherion

Re: Great Western Trail: When you need need nothin' more than a hat, horse, and the will to ride...

Post by MegaTherion »

I don't know if you have checked the explanation video but it is kind of ridiculous. I had no idea of the game in 9 minutes - after which it has ended as if the camera would have run out of memory. Let me suggest this video instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui8CF12 ... chTheTable
thoun

Post by thoun »

Everyone can add a video link in the game page, and downvote bad ones ;)
Streetjudge

Post by Streetjudge »

Thanks a lot! One of my alltime favorites!
ahmadNZ

Post by ahmadNZ »

Not sure where to post this because BGA forums/group discussions are so confusing.

Arena mode - why is this played as 2nd edition but with "2nd edition rules" turn off??
Seppel

Post by Seppel »

Nekonyancer wrote: 04 May 2022, 17:50 Aw, fudge! I wanted to have my tutorial for this game out before the game went live!
just went through your excellent tutorial! Many thanks for that - IMO the best way to learn the basics of the game as well as the UI :)
I had one small hiccup though: after about 2rd of the tutorial the player has the option to either take an outlaw or advance the train. The info box tells to advance the train - but only the outlaw option is accepted...

Besides that - many thanks for the game implementation as well as the tutorial :)
Winkelhase

Post by Winkelhase »

I love this game, but I don't like the graphic of the 2. edition. The first edition is clearer. I better see what the missions are.
jfreak93

Post by jfreak93 »

Ehrine wrote: 04 May 2022, 13:19
vre wrote: 04 May 2022, 13:16 Great game and all, but... where is Flanders?
Have a closer look at the mountain in the middle
THANK YOU! I've no joke been staring at this for 5 minutes trying to figure it out lol.
Moistly Harmless

Post by Moistly Harmless »

robinzig wrote: 04 May 2022, 18:06
unclesamb wrote: 04 May 2022, 17:50 Is this the 2nd edition? I haven't played either version, but I'm trying to figure out which rulebook to read. The rulebook linked on the first page is 1st edition, but the artwork looks like 2nd edition.
You can play either first or second edition by selecting the one you prefer in the settings when creating a table.
So if I choose first edition, can I have the Native Americans back?

Return to “Official announcements [en]”