Twilight Imperium

Future games in need of testing and feedback
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
T72on1

Re: Twilight Imperium

Post by T72on1 »

Wow great news.
Stroom

Post by Stroom »

NetDukedk wrote: 05 October 2023, 07:45 anyway that it will be on public alpha testing?
This game has so many corner cases that it must have some form of mass testing at some point.
vvelvenvv

Post by vvelvenvv »

This post is going to explode today with that image.

No one with inside info they can talk about? I mean it's on a massive wall scroll at a con... No way everyone with info is under a NDA.

Please Please BGA, We Need to Know More!
JeremySlayton

Post by JeremySlayton »

vvelvenvv wrote: 05 October 2023, 15:20 This post is going to explode today with that image.

No one with inside info they can talk about? I mean it's on a massive wall scroll at a con... No way everyone with info is under a NDA.

I wouldn't be surprised if Matt and Hunter, with the Space Cats Peace Turtles podcast, have some inside information and will talk about it on their podcast as soon as they are allowed.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

vvelvenvv wrote: 05 October 2023, 15:20 This post is going to explode today with that image.

What kind of information are you waiting for ?
"""
Is it comming to BGA ? Yes, seeing that big announcement.
When ? When it's ready.
Will I be able to play it ? Only if you are a reviewer during alpha, then it's open for anyone during beta
Will it be premium ? I dont see it being free.
"""

It's completely useless to try to get more informations than these IMO.
landon1013

Post by landon1013 »

Tisaac wrote: 05 October 2023, 16:47

"""
When ? When it's ready.
Will I be able to play it ? Only if you are a reviewer during alpha, then it's open for anyone during beta
"""

This post reeks of condescending verbiage. Let the man be excited, what was the point in your condescending answers?
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

landon1013 wrote: 05 October 2023, 21:07

"""
When ? When it's ready.
"""

This post reeks of condescending verbiage. Let the man be excited, what was the point in your condescending answers?
The point is to avoid spreading rumours and having posts everywhere on the forum about this with always the same kind of post. I have already seen it at multiple places today.
Also, my answer was not that condescending, I am genuinely wondering what are they expecting as an answer from their post. For me the most crucial information has already been revealed : TI is going to come here on BGA.
sackdisaster

Post by sackdisaster »

"""
When ? When it's ready.
"""

Tisaac has programmed dozens of (the best implemented) games here, it's good for him to temper expectations according to his very legitimate experience with timing and secrecy. TI4 is a gigantic win even with no info at this time- I don't remember ever seeing another release here teased prior to alpha.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

sackdisaster wrote: 06 October 2023, 00:19

"""
When ? When it's ready.
"""

Tisaac has programmed dozens of (the best implemented) games here, it's good for him to temper expectations according to his very legitimate experience with timing and secrecy. TI4 is a gigantic win even with no info at this time- I don't remember ever seeing another release here teased prior to alpha.
This is indeed quite surprising to tease a game that is not even in alpha, i am not sure what is the goal of this announcement and if it was publisher or bga that pushed torward it. Since it's a very big and complex project, i find it rather dangereous since it will build up expectations a lot, unless the games is really close from alpha, but i am almost sure that's not the case at that stage.
That being said, since essen is only once per year, maybe that just mean that it will come before the next Essen, which would be reasonnable indeed, even though a bit misleading to call that "soon".
SiRan90

Post by SiRan90 »

Is it possible that they have done a side development? Considering ffg and bga are owned by the same people they could just have the development separate

Return to “"Alpha" games”