Twilight Imperium

Future games in need of testing and feedback
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Tisaac

Re: Twilight Imperium

Post by Tisaac »

Alkaline13 wrote: 22 November 2023, 22:00 Any updates when this will be on BGA?
Nope.
Priceless

Post by Priceless »

landon1013 wrote: 21 October 2023, 04:42 This seems like such a strange game for BGA although exciting.... I'm interested in knowing how many people have 6ish hours to sit at a computer to play it in RT and playing turn based could literally take weeks if not months haha.
My friends play it on another digital platform ftom august till now :D
There will always be people willing.
SilentNSly

Post by SilentNSly »

landon1013 wrote: 21 October 2023, 04:42 This seems like such a strange game for BGA although exciting.... I'm interested in knowing how many people have 6ish hours to sit at a computer to play it in RT and playing turn based could literally take weeks if not months haha.
An in-person game of TI4 usually take around 6-10 hours to complete (depending on the number of player and winning at 10 or 14 VPs). Much of this time you will be waiting for others while they make a move.

When I play this TI4 turn-based on https://www.twilightwars.com/, I can make my move and then do something else. This means that the time that I spend playing TI4 turn-based is much less, of about 1-2 hours.

Turn-based games will take a lot longer to complete, but I usually have multiple other turn-based games on-going so I am in no hurry to complete them.
vvelvenvv

Post by vvelvenvv »

RustedCorpse

Post by RustedCorpse »

*moderator edit: post removed for mentioning other gaming webistes
RustedCorpse

Post by RustedCorpse »

RustedCorpse wrote: 12 January 2024, 14:00 *moderator edit: post removed for mentioning other gaming webistes
I wish we met followed year end statements with the same ferocity...

They should hire a devoted developer who has near single handly developed a similar app.

Not that any apps or other websites exist...
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

RustedCorpse wrote: 17 January 2024, 07:49
RustedCorpse wrote: 12 January 2024, 14:00 *moderator edit: post removed for mentioning other gaming webistes
I wish we met followed year end statements with the same ferocity...

They should hire a devoted developer who has near single handly developed a similar app.

Not that any apps or other websites exist...
What would that change ? There is already a freelance dev working on it and no statement was made for the release date, so i am not sure why people are feeling let down. Big games takes a while to developp, even for experienced devs. It tooks me around 6 months for Agricola, and the same for ArkNova, so i would not be surprised to hear no news on TI for couple more months if you consider developpment was started a bit before Essen
RustedCorpse

Post by RustedCorpse »

@tis

The announce and person I spoke to at the con said years end. Not a huge deal. But the fact that my unlinked reference to another iteration of the game was rapidly deleted seemed heavy handed and made me question priorities..
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

RustedCorpse wrote: 18 January 2024, 06:39 @tis

The announce and person I spoke to at the con said years end. Not a huge deal. But the fact that my unlinked reference to another iteration of the game was rapidly deleted seemed heavy handed and made me question priorities..
Interesting, thanks for sharing that piece of info.
There are no such things as priorities for developping games : bga is no longer making any game (or maybe 1 per year), it's all handled by freelance devs for popular titles (and by volonteer devs for small games). So the game is under developpment by a freelance dev for sure, and at least since Essen but probably a bit before that. So now it's probably just a matter of finishing the implementation to have a quality one instead of rushing it.
Detriment

Post by Detriment »

It's the internet, you could offer someone $100 for free and they'll be mad it wasn't $200.

That said, the rest of us will peacefully wait until it's ready to roll. Appreciate the updates.

Return to “"Alpha" games”