Sheikhly

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Covidamus

Sheikhly

Post by Covidamus »

Bonjour
Je voudrais faire un signalement, mais le sujet n'est pas dans la liste .
Cette joueuse demande à jouer régulièrement et à chaque fois elle refuse de démarrer le jeu en sisant maintenant "it's not personnal".
Je lui ai dit que je ferai un rapport sur son comportement.
C'est pénible à la longue, que pouvez vous faire ? merci
Silene

Re: Sheikhly

Post by Silene »

You can't force anyone to play with you. If you don't want to see their tables anymore to save you the frustration, you can give them a red thumb. But everyone is free to play with or without anyone as they wish.
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
yrrepnadohr

Post by yrrepnadohr »

Silene wrote: 06 May 2022, 18:44 You can't force anyone to play with you. If you don't want to see their tables anymore to save you the frustration, you can give them a red thumb. But everyone is free to play with or without anyone as they wish.
Red thump?
How can I give another player a red thump?
Where must I click to do that?
sorryimlikethis

Post by sorryimlikethis »

After you play a game with someone on the results page you can give them a green thumbs up or a red thumbs down. If you give them a red thumbs down it means you won't be matched up with them again in the future. You can only do this if you've played with the person recently. It's also available to see on their profile.
yrrepnadohr

Post by yrrepnadohr »

sorryimlikethis wrote: 07 May 2022, 06:33 After you play a game with someone on the results page you can give them a green thumbs up or a red thumbs down. If you give them a red thumbs down it means you won't be matched up with them again in the future. You can only do this if you've played with the person recently. It's also available to see on their profile.
ah OK, thank you for the info. I understand.

just a thought:
So, how can Covidamus give Sheikly a red thump after a game, whe she/her don't play with him/her ? :D
Silene

Post by Silene »

yrrepnadohr wrote: 07 May 2022, 07:47 just a thought:
So, how can Covidamus give Sheikly a red thump after a game, whe she/her don't play with him/her ? :D
You can do that when you go to their profile, there's a section about Reputation. One entry is "My opinion about playerX" where you can choose a green or a red thumb. When choosing red thumb there, you can give a "personal" red thumb (when you choose "just my opinion") even without having played with that player. So it's not true that you can only do that if you have played with them recently. The limitation is only for the public red thumbs (when you choose everyone should avoid this player - which might affect their karma if they get many of those).

When you give red thumb (public or private), the effect is that the player cannot join your games anymore, cannot text you, cannot observe your games. Also you won't be able to join (or even see) open games that they are in. Basically: you won't meet them again.
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
yrrepnadohr

Post by yrrepnadohr »

Silene wrote: 07 May 2022, 10:48
You can do that when you go to their profile, there's a section about Reputation. One entry is "My opinion about playerX" where you can choose a green or a red thumb. When choosing red thumb there, you can give a "personal" red thumb (when you choose "just my opinion") even without having played with that player. So it's not true that you can only do that if you have played with them recently. The limitation is only for the public red thumbs (when you choose everyone should avoid this player - which might affect their karma if they get many of those).

When you give red thumb (public or private), the effect is that the player cannot join your games anymore, cannot text you, cannot observe your games. Also you won't be able to join (or even see) open games that they are in. Basically: you won't meet them again.

thank you, Silene
sorryimlikethis

Post by sorryimlikethis »

Silene wrote: 07 May 2022, 10:48

Didn't realise you could red thumb someone you hadn't played with, thanks for clarifying.
veggivet

Post by veggivet »

Is there any benefit to someone doing this over and over again as far as the algo is concerned?? This happens repeatedly with this one player. It doesn't bother me at all, but just curious. There was one time where a game was accepted...I ended up winning 😁
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

I once had a similar problem with another player in another game. He'd open a table, I'd join, and then he'd refuse to start the game, quit the table and create a new one. Rinse and repeat. I told him to restrict the table access or write a "description" message if he didn't want to play with me. He never replied, and eventually he red-thumbed me. I guess he only wanted to play against players he could beat easily.

Return to “Backgammon”