Sheikhly

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Silene

Re: Sheikhly

Post by Silene »

veggivet wrote: 08 May 2022, 12:18 Is there any benefit to someone doing this over and over again as far as the algo is concerned?? This happens repeatedly with this one player. It doesn't bother me at all, but just curious. There was one time where a game was accepted...I ended up winning 😁
You asking whether they are getting better dice in other games because they refuse games with you? ...[x] doubt
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
veggivet

Post by veggivet »

No, not thinking about the rolls, but more along the lines of a 'selectivity' quant. So the more games you decline, the better, as far as the algo is concerned.
Silene

Post by Silene »

veggivet wrote: 09 May 2022, 13:32 No, not thinking about the rolls, but more along the lines of a 'selectivity' quant. So the more games you decline, the better, as far as the algo is concerned.
If not the dice-rolls - what exactly do you think might be better with the more games you decline?
And what algo?
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
veggivet

Post by veggivet »

I was thinking about how many points are awarded or subtracted per game. If it isn't an advantage in some way, then I guess the person is doing as a psychological tool.
Silene

Post by Silene »

Apparently they put effort into being picky about their opponnents. Some people prefer to play against weaker players for a better chance to win. Some players prefer playing stronger players so they can learn more. Who knows what exactly they're looking for. I wouldn't bother about it if I were you.

When they pick weaker players, they also risk to lose more ELO in case of a loss. With stronger players they can win more ELO - but chance of a loss is higher. So in theory that is balanced.

Maybe they are looking for people who are on a "peak" of their ELO (people that are not that strong but had a recent winning streak). Playing only such players would indeed increase your estimated gain for the game. That would kinda be playing a meta-game for ELO. But whatever... if they're willing to put the effort into that, I'd let them have it :D
Covidamus

Post by Covidamus »

again today, she esk to me to play ar my tanle 3 times .....and 3 times she refuses to play.......
Of course i cannot force someone to play with me ! But in this case she initiates the demand, and refuse.
And she is over 500 points...?? i will try the red thumb... ;)
veggivet

Post by veggivet »

Covidamus, be sure and message her that the red thumb 'Isn't personal'.😁
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

What do you mean, she asked you to play?

If she it talking to you, then what does she say when she refuses to start?
veggivet

Post by veggivet »

This player is infamous for joining a game, and then not accepting to play. The same message is sent every time: "Sorry, it's not personal." This literally just happened to me (again) as I was composing this post!
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

weird.

So they join your table and then refuse to start...

Do you ask them why they joined your table in the first place?

I guess a red-thumb would do the trick.

Return to “Backgammon”