Higher rep limit for Arena

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ColorfulPockets

Higher rep limit for Arena

Post by ColorfulPockets »

Arena rep limit should really be like 85-90%. It's not hard to have rep that high, and so many games are abandoned currently due to people quitting/timing out frequently, and it's almost always people with rep just above the threshold.

Idk if this is the best place to bring this up, but just wanted to voice this opinion and give others a chance to discuss.
cowboy_dan

Re: Higher rep limit for Arena

Post by cowboy_dan »

I agree! If you’ve timed out once or had to abandon a live Game, fine, it happens. If it has happened twice in a short span, play a few games and you’re in good shape again. If it’s three times, well, that’s a problem.
davidc100

Post by davidc100 »

I Agree
timgriff

Post by timgriff »

I agree too
CDPlayers

Post by CDPlayers »

Yes please!!
Patrick of the Isles

Post by Patrick of the Isles »

I don't play Agricola, but happened across this forum, and have to say I agree that every game on this site would be better if this were implemented. So best of luck in pushing it forward!
kelebel

Post by kelebel »

Yes please - to be honest I think Arena should be stricter with timing generally. If you over-run the clock once in a game, fine something may have happened to distract you. But people who repeatedly run overtime in a game make it unplayable. I often end up clicking away from games and doing other things while players take minutes over every turn and end up losing track of games as a result.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Kick the slow player out. Their reputation will drop and they won't be allowed to play Arena.

If you don't kick them out, their reputation will not be affected (even if they run overtime), and they'll continue playing Arena and playing slow.
Ranior

Post by Ranior »

I agree that kicking players more often for timing out/quitting rather than agreeing to abandon tables can help just a little bit, but the bigger issue is that reputation is a site wide metric, and getting it back is pretty trivial--they can go crank out games of Can't Stop for example in about 2-3 minutes and it counts the same as something like completing a game of Agricola or Terra Mystica.

Perhaps another "fix" for some of us that enjoy those longer games and get hit harder by quitters in terms of total lost time, etc., would be to have reputation limits tied to games. I suspect that isn't an actual realistic solution programming wise that would happen, but it does seem to me that you should get a lot harsher penalty for quitting a game of Agricola in round 14 and wasting 3 other players time in arena for a 90 minute game than you do for quitting a 2 player 5-10 minute game.
Lumin_S

Post by Lumin_S »

This thread isn't the best place, as a suggestion report that is highly upvoted is more likely to be seen by admins.

I created one that echoes the ideas in this thread: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=66049

I also created a suggestion to increase the karma penalties proportionate to the completed amount of the game, would appreciate your upvotes there too: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=66050

Return to “Agricola”