Indian card - insensitive to indigenous people

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
voriki

Re: Indian card - insensitive to indigenous people

Post by voriki »

Tsaion wrote: 17 October 2022, 00:59 There was a custom game on * that was essentially Bang! in disguise. It was really good, until Bang! makers took it down for copyright even though it wasn't making any money. Go figure.
Generally companies have no problem with others making money or not. What they do care about is making less money for themselves, as customers are drawn away.
Onion Jack

Post by Onion Jack »

susieadders wrote: 16 May 2022, 15:42 Hi, I just want to open a discussion about whether the Indians card should be removed from the game. Increasingly over the years we are realizing the extent of the shocking genocide and abuse that indigenous people in North America have faced at the hands of the European settlers. This occurred in early American history but also in our lifetimes and is ongoing in the form of stereotyping and unconscious bias in society. The whole ‘cowboy and Indian’ dialogue is part of the stereotyping that fuels poor treatment of indigenous people in modern society. As the world moves towards correcting our wrongs, including the Indian card in this game is increasingly disrespectful to a persecuted population.
We can do our part by removing it from the game.
Are you one of those modern totalitarian marxists who cancel freedom? Why do you want to culture-cancel everything? Why there is almost everything insensitive? What's the weird modern trend to cancel everything somebody doesn't like?? If you are hypersensitive then it's not our problem, just do not play the western games if you do not like it. Cancelling everything what modern marxists mark as insensitive or stereotypical is totalitarian. Free speech not totality.
Onion Jack

Post by Onion Jack »

Jersus wrote: 20 October 2022, 22:33 Otherwise, you need to sit down and listen. Not speak.
Why do you give the right of free speech only to some people? It seems totalitarian. I can see leftists are same as they were in USSR.
gnocchi donkey

Post by gnocchi donkey »

Its ALWAYS people that dont know any Native Americans that talk this or white people who are "1/16th" that complain about this or that..you know the skinny white guy with dreadlocks that talks about his "native american heritage". The native americans i know dont like this pity party..warriors dont cry. My freinds mother a FULL Peiute (passed now) would go on a rant about the liberal white people wanting to change the name of "squaw flats road" . But as usual its always a white person with 1/8th or less that have no relation with the actual culture that want to make the stir on indigenous...oh yeah there is another one... you think that is better than saying Indian or Injun..but some of them consider you are calling them a plant or animal..its more of an insult.. Try actually hanging with a culture before you talk about "how they feel"
Onion Jack

Post by Onion Jack »

gnocchi donkey wrote: 27 October 2022, 07:19 My freinds mother a FULL Peiute (passed now) would go on a rant about the liberal white people wanting to change the name of "squaw flats road" .
These people are not liberals. These people are leftists and modern marxists. 'Liberal' is derived from latin word meaning freedom, cancel culture, that leftist want to have, is not freedom.
AllRandom

Post by AllRandom »

Onion Jack wrote: 27 October 2022, 13:06
gnocchi donkey wrote: 27 October 2022, 07:19 My freinds mother a FULL Peiute (passed now) would go on a rant about the liberal white people wanting to change the name of "squaw flats road" .
These people are not liberals. These people are leftists and modern marxists. 'Liberal' is derived from latin word meaning freedom, cancel culture, that leftist want to have, is not freedom.
A bit of an appeal to etymology going on here, which is a weak argument based in irrelevance. That's not how language works, and we are not bound to what words may have meant at some time in the past. Liberal is to leftist as conservative is to alt-right. They are both extremes and are not good for our future. We would all do well to move closer to the center and steer clear of wingnut territory.
Onion Jack

Post by Onion Jack »

AllRandom wrote: 09 November 2022, 09:41
Onion Jack wrote: 27 October 2022, 13:06
A bit of an appeal to etymology going on here, which is a weak argument based in irrelevance. That's not how language works, and we are not bound to what words may have meant at some time in the past. Liberal is to leftist as conservative is to alt-right. They are both extremes and are not good for our future. We would all do well to move closer to the center and steer clear of wingnut territory.
Can you provide source of your claims? I not interested in assumptions and about what is weak and strong and irrelevant to you, i am interested in facts. In politology there is social liberalism and conservative liberalism [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism] ergo your claim "Liberal is to leftist as conservative is to alt-right." is false.
Gooorn

Post by Gooorn »

OMG!
I thought it was an april's fool post, but it was written in May.
gnocchi donkey

Post by gnocchi donkey »

My thought too Gooorn, had Mr Jack actually read my post it was a direct quote from my friend dead Peiute mother, so good luck correcting her! And who really cares about semantics of leftist/liberal. The point is how others that are not directly affected like making decisions for others that are
Mortarz

Post by Mortarz »

* moderated for inappropriate content

Return to “Bang”