COPENHAGEN: Polymino your way to the grandest facades in the Danish capital!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

COPENHAGEN: Polymino your way to the grandest facades in the Danish capital!

Post by DrClick »

"Nyhavn" (New Harbor) is famous for its houses with colorful gables built along the waterside. The players face the challenge of constructing new facades in a way that fits in perfectly with this picturesque harbor scenery.

The goal of the game is to be the first player to score 12 or more points, or to have the most points when the End of Game card is revealed.

Players will collect cards of different colors from the display, which they can use to purchase facade tiles of the same color in different shapes and sizes.

Players will use these tiles to construct the facade of their house little by little. Each time a floor (row) is completed they will score 1 point, and 2 points for finishing a section of the house (column). However, these points are doubled if the row or column is made entirely of windows.

When players cover up one of the coats of arms, or finish a floor with a coat of arms, they will gain a special ability which will help them reach their goal faster.

This game for 2 to 4 players is pretty simple yet engaging, lasts for 20 minutes, and the currently available Tutorial will help you learn the basics of the game!

Interested? Click the link below:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=copenhagen

We would like to thank the game designers, Asger Harding Granerud & Daniel Skjold Pedersen, and of course, the publisher Queen Games for their authorization to bring this game online.
And who made it happen? JoeProgram. A very nice developer who's not afraid of polyminos and brought an exciting adaptation of the game to Board Game Arena!

Thanks to all, and see you next week for another exciting game!
Take care and play fair!
sorryimlikethis

Re: COPENHAGEN: Polymino your way to the grandest facades in the Danish capital!

Post by sorryimlikethis »

Great game, fun to play. What is Flanders running away from though? :(
ClearLakeTXgal

Re: COPENHAGEN: Polymino your way to the grandest facades in the Danish capital!

Post by ClearLakeTXgal »

Can someone take a look at table number 268378915 please?

My first attempt at playing this game and it says it's my turn but when I click the little icon with the five yellow circles at the top right it says the game box is loading but it never actually loads. Even trying to go to it manually from my list it does exactly the same thing. I'm playing on a Samsung tablet and don't have access to anything else right now to even try as I'm out of town someday I'm going to learn to quit trying these new games until the bugs have been worked out! Lol in the meantime I don't want to get a bad rating because I'm going to be unable to make my play until this is fixed. So if somebody in programming can take a look at it I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

Also, I can load and play other games just fine it's just this one.
mrbass

Post by mrbass »

My fault but I got confused with the placement.

In the tutorial it says the following and earlier it mentions ground level and from the bottom.

A tile must be placed either on the bottom row or with at least one tile directly over another tile.

This tile is place above another tile.

Then from the rules
Constructing Facade

When buying a tile, a player first discards a number of cards that is

equal to the number of square building spaces (each space showing either windows or bricks) on that tile, and
of the same color as the tile.

They then place the tile on a "supported" area of their player board.

Supported areas are:
Any space on the bottom row of the player board
Any space immediately above an existing tile
The laws of physics need not apply here (i.e., the piece does NOT need to "balance" on top of its supporting facade tile, it just has to be supported below at least 1 space of the new tile).
If a player's new tile is touching another tile of the same color on their board, the cost of the new tile is reduced by 1 card.

So even after all this I was still thinking of placement like in the game Sagrada. I was just thinking it could overlap (above or on top). But you have to think the gameboard isn't laying on the table but standing straight up vertically so to speak.
blhootz

Post by blhootz »

sorryimlikethis wrote: 18 May 2022, 13:07 Great game, fun to play. What is Flanders running away from though? :(
He must be trying to get back to Belgium! :lol:
JoeProgram

Post by JoeProgram »

ClearLakeTXgal wrote: 18 May 2022, 14:52 Can someone take a look at table number 268378915 please?

My first attempt at playing this game and it says it's my turn but when I click the little icon with the five yellow circles at the top right it says the game box is loading but it never actually loads. Even trying to go to it manually from my list it does exactly the same thing. I'm playing on a Samsung tablet and don't have access to anything else right now to even try as I'm out of town someday I'm going to learn to quit trying these new games until the bugs have been worked out! Lol in the meantime I don't want to get a bad rating because I'm going to be unable to make my play until this is fixed. So if somebody in programming can take a look at it I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

Also, I can load and play other games just fine it's just this one.
Hi ClearLakeTXgal,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback! I'm sorry to hear you're running into problems. I definitely don't want a bug to hurt your profile's karma score. Let's see what we can do to get it sorted out...

When I view that table as a spectator on my PC it looks okay: https://imgur.com/saKF96z

Would you be willing to try and start a Copenhagen hotseat game on your Samsung tablet? You'll be able to set it to training mode, so there won't be an issue with it affecting your karma if you can't get in, or quit early. If it works there, I'd suspect it might be a rare Board Game Arena hiccup that happened, but I'm not sure.

Oh, and just to double check - when you say the "5 yellow circles" - are you talking about this UI element? https://i.imgur.com/tqh0wxU.png
amstelmp

Post by amstelmp »

I noticed a bug. I had the token that allows me to build after I took cards. I clicked that token and then by mistake clicked on "end turn". The token was consumed while in fact I didn't build anything. Please check this and fix it. Otherwise the game works very well.
munk3ygurl

Post by munk3ygurl »

towards the end of the game i wasnt able to place my 5 tile yellow piece or any of the smaller two tile pieces, im not sure what was going on, it just had a red border for the spots that were actually available https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=270838758 its a really fun game honestly, but these little things can be a little frustrating especially if you have other players waiting on you to make a move
Leoishere

Post by Leoishere »

There is something wrong with the tutorial. I place the 4 purple tiles as instructed but it won't confirm. Says it's not placed correctly but it is.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”