Replay feature broken?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Cos-

Replay feature broken?

Post by Cos- »

When playing turn-based 7 wonders, I depend heavily on the replayFrom feature to remember what cards are in what hand, since there's no way I can actually remember if I'm in the middle of 4 or 5 games and the last time I made a move was yesterday. But today, when I try to replay previous moves, the page just doesn't finish loading. I've tried this in two different browsers (Chrome and Firefox) on two completely separate laptops.

Replay continues to work normally in other games, but is failing in all my 7 Wonders games.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Also, I don't want to make a move until it's done, but I have one game with only 27 hours remaining for me to move, where my next choice depends heavily on which hand a particular card is in. What to do?
Cos-

Re: Replay feature broken?

Post by Cos- »

I also submitted a bug about this, in case it is a new BGA bug: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=64816
Cos-

Post by Cos- »

Next day now, and it's still broken.

Can anyone tell me if replaying recent moves works for you or does not work for you in 7 Wonders, in the past day?
Cos-

Post by Cos- »

This was still broken yesterday, and I had pretty much stopped playing 7 Wonders, but I did keep one training mode game just so I could check whether the replay feature works. Today, it seems to be fixed! I'm able to replay recent moves while a game is in progress.

Nobody ever responded here, nor to the bug I opened, so I assume it got noticed by one of the developers unrelated to my posting about it, and they never see bug reports or forum posts. Does anyone know of a better way to get their attention when something breaks?
Cos-

Post by Cos- »

Oh lovely, today it's broken again, in the same way as before.

Is anyone else seeing this? Or NOT seeing this?
Een

Post by Een »

This was seen, but I was not able to investigate before today. Thanks for creating a clear bug report.
I understand that you got personally frustrated about this as you rely on this feature a lot. I'm sorry about that, but overall "replay from this move" is not such a widely used feature that we could give this issue top priority over everything else.
Anyway, it's now been fixed.
Silene

Post by Silene »

Een wrote: 07 June 2022, 18:00 This was seen, but I was not able to investigate before today. Thanks for creating a clear bug report.
I understand that you got personally frustrated about this as you rely on this feature a lot. I'm sorry about that, but overall "replay from this move" is not such a widely used feature that we could give this issue top priority over everything else.
Is it only fixed for 7 wonders maybe? Because I'm experiencing the same in several games: Isle of Cats, Welcome to Vegas and some others. Replay-Loading is just stuck on 10% loading progress and doesn't change from there. It works fine in Hanabi fortunately.
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
Een

Post by Een »

Silene wrote: 07 June 2022, 18:53 Is it only fixed for 7 wonders maybe? Because I'm experiencing the same in several games: Isle of Cats, Welcome to Vegas and some others. Replay-Loading is just stuck on 10% loading progress and doesn't change from there. It works fine in Hanabi fortunately.
Maybe games you have transformed from realtime to turn based and that consequently run on a realtime game server? I have hotpatched only the turn based game servers, so the fix will be deployed everywhere only with the next full site release (sometime this week). Do you have some table numbers for a quick check?
Silene

Post by Silene »

It was the case on my turn-based Welcome to Vegas Table when I wrote the post. But it works now. So indeed maybe it was fixed but somehow the fix wasn't fully applied to my game.

I haven't many other games open right now. I noticed the problem on turn-based tables. When the problem occurs again, I'll let you know.

For now I'm hopeful that it's fixed because replay on the mentioned game was broken for a few days but is working now. So thanks for that - I really appreciate it as I frequently use the replay-feature on various games.
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
Cos-

Post by Cos- »

Een wrote: 07 June 2022, 18:00 This was seen, but I was not able to investigate before today. Thanks for creating a clear bug report.
Thanks. It was frustrating just not to know if it was going into a black hole or a big pile where it wouldn't be seen for months. So a quick message of "We'll look at this in the next couple of weeks" would've helped.

Although this may not be that widely used a feature, there are some games where it is essential. For most of the games I play here, I don't need it, because the state of the game is clearly visible. With 7 Wonders, because we are all rotating hands, it's absolutely critical - the game cannot be played above bare-novice level without remembering what is in the hands you've already seen. For a turn based game, relying on memory from actual playing is not practical, so the replay feature is a core part of the game; without it, the game effectively is 100% unplayable as a turn-based game at all.

Could you properly prioritize things like this in the future, that may be unnecessary for the majority of games but can completely break some games?

Return to “7 Wonders”