Freeze Shifting Variant setting in Arena

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Stealthpup

Freeze Shifting Variant setting in Arena

Post by Stealthpup »

Today, I learned that there is a shifting variant possible in Papayoo, which is currently not documented on the BGA How To Play page for Papayoo, nor is it documented in the Papayoo rules that BGA links in.

I would love to see two things:
1) the variant fully explained in the How To Play page
2) the setting be made invariant during an Arena season, so that everyone knows from the start what option is in play. (In playing for over a year, today was the FIRST time I ever saw it happen, and it ruined my game.)
Tisaac

Re: Freeze Shifting Variant setting in Arena

Post by Tisaac »

2 is already reported and in the admins hands now
Een

Post by Een »

Tisaac wrote: 23 May 2022, 19:35 2 is already reported and in the admins hands now
This new option is now set to "Disabled" instead of "Free choice" for the Arena season.
lagvng

Post by lagvng »

I completely disagree with the forced "Shifting cards" option. It should be left as an option and not imposed on the players to educate them about it. I have already lost >100 arena points because of that last round.
baguette09

Post by baguette09 »

this rule is awful ...
Why adding a rule in this game that does not exist !!
It is a card game there is enough luck to not add more, it is like playing the lottery
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

baguette09 wrote: 28 December 2022, 21:51 this rule is awful ...
Why adding a rule in this game that does not exist !!
It is a card game there is enough luck to not add more, it is like playing the lottery
Ask that to the publisher. Someone made this rule as a suggestion, i answered that we cannot implement house rules on bga without publisher approval and this guy apparently convinced the publisher that said "why not, let's implement this as an option" and here we are.

Return to “Papayoo”