Memoir 44 is now in beta!

Hot and crispy games just out of the oven
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
felipe1982

Re: Memoir 44 is now in beta!

Post by felipe1982 »

wowskyguy wrote: 04 September 2022, 19:54 Can you add a line in the statistics?
Do you know of other games in BGA that use this?
MagnusNygaard

Post by MagnusNygaard »

I don't really know how to contact the moderaters/developers of Memoir44 - so I'm just going to post it here.

I'm a veteran of the Daysofwonder version of the online game and was wondering if you're interested in some of the maps from "Scenarios from the Front". I've gotten a lot from the Sino-Japanese War that have tested and used by the FFM44. A few of them - for instance Huang Mei-Shing's Last Charge -was made deliberately as a "online only" since the entire board is filled up with terrain - so it would be horrible to set up IRL.

Any way - don't know if it's even a thing with player-made maps in this version.

Best regards,
Magnus Nygaard
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

MagnusNygaard wrote: 16 October 2022, 12:32 I don't really know how to contact the moderaters/developers of Memoir44 - so I'm just going to post it here.

I'm a veteran of the Daysofwonder version of the online game and was wondering if you're interested in some of the maps from "Scenarios from the Front". I've gotten a lot from the Sino-Japanese War that have tested and used by the FFM44. A few of them - for instance Huang Mei-Shing's Last Charge -was made deliberately as a "online only" since the entire board is filled up with terrain - so it would be horrible to set up IRL.

Any way - don't know if it's even a thing with player-made maps in this version.

Best regards,
Magnus Nygaard
You can already play any unofficial scenario you want if you have the m44 file. Additionally, a WIP API will even allow you to play directly scenarios from the DoW database without needing the m44 file, hopefully it will be operational before the end of the year.
MagnusNygaard

Post by MagnusNygaard »

Tisaac wrote: 16 October 2022, 17:31
MagnusNygaard wrote: 16 October 2022, 12:32 snip
You can already play any unofficial scenario you want if you have the m44 file. Additionally, a WIP API will even allow you to play directly scenarios from the DoW database without needing the m44 file, hopefully it will be operational before the end of the year.
Thanks, didn't know.

So they still have to be "SFTF" - there's not going to be a curated list? So that you could for instance make a list of scenarios for a tournament - even if you yourself is not going to be playing in it?
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

MagnusNygaard wrote: 16 October 2022, 18:44
MagnusNygaard wrote: 16 October 2022, 12:32 snip
Thanks, didn't know.

So they still have to be "SFTF" - there's not going to be a curated list? So that you could for instance make a list of scenarios for a tournament - even if you yourself is not going to be playing in it?
That's something we can discuss with tournament organizers.
MagnusNygaard

Post by MagnusNygaard »

Tisaac wrote: 16 October 2022, 19:01
MagnusNygaard wrote: 16 October 2022, 18:44
Thanks, didn't know.

That's something we can discuss with tournament organizers.
Cool - sorry about the questions - still learning about the boardgamearena site in general.
wowskyguy

Post by wowskyguy »

Now that M44 is ready the question is:

where is Battle Cry? BattleLore? Ars Victor ? Nap Wars?

Nap Wars is probably the most complex of them all. More than M44 for sure.

Hoping...
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

wowskyguy wrote: 18 October 2022, 08:35 Now that M44 is ready the question is:

Hoping...
Where are the licenses ?
Where are the volonteer developpers willing to sacrifice hundreds of hours to add them ?
marcnelsonjr

Post by marcnelsonjr »

Hoping...
BattleLore would be sweet. The best of the C&C games, in my opinion.
MagnusNygaard

Post by MagnusNygaard »

marcnelsonjr wrote: 19 October 2022, 05:20

Hoping...
BattleLore would be sweet. The best of the C&C games, in my opinion.
While I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Battle Cry (OG edition - with all the kinks and unfair elements), and I recognize that Ancient is probably the optimal use of the "flanks" system (since that's also how people thought about war at the time), Memoir '44 is the best of the bunch, IMO. It's got my favorite mix of complexity and ease of play, and the "big version" of the game, i.e. Breakthrough and Overlord are extremely fun if you can get enough people together.
Of course some scenarios aren't very well put together (4 medals to win games come to mind...) but that's pretty much the same no matter what wargame you play. War isn't fair, after all.

Return to “"Beta" games”