Automating actions where there is effectively no choice

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Pahn

Automating actions where there is effectively no choice

Post by Pahn »

Let's say a card effect forces a user to return one or more cards from their hand, and they only have one card. Currently, the system requires the user to manually return that card, which in a turn based game, could mean another whole day of waiting to finish an effect. Ideally, the system would identify situations where the effect size >= the choice size and just automatically handle those bits.
RicardoRix

Re: Automating actions where there is effectively no choice

Post by RicardoRix »

but it's meant to be people playing the game, not computers. If you don't like waiting a day, then you can choose faster time frames - like 4 moves/day.

What about the - 'hey wait, what happened to my card in hand, it never asked me to discard it' - must be a bug....
Micah Stairs

Post by Micah Stairs »

The upcoming release actually includes this automation! It's currently in alpha.
zedmango

Post by zedmango »

Will there be a way to turn it off? I'd rather see clearly what is going on.
Micah Stairs

Post by Micah Stairs »

Due to the overwhelmingly positive response to this feature, we have no intentions on making this optional. If you want to see what happened then you can check the game log, where we put pretty detailed info about how the game state is changing.

Return to “Innovation”