Games easy on iPhone for older parent?

General discussion on board games
jeffus

Games easy on iPhone for older parent?

Post by jeffus »

Hey there,

I'm trying to find games easy for my mom to play on her iPhone. Azul has been a huge hit, and we play that 3P with my MIL; however, I need some variety. I tried Santorini, but she says that game "hates her." I'm thinking Splendor since MIL already knows it, and I could do a remote teach with her on her computer, but I worry that the pieces/cards might be too small for her.

Mom's not a savvy player, so the game has to be rather simple.

Thanks
jmcl99

Re: Games easy on iPhone for older parent?

Post by jmcl99 »

Have you looked at Sushi Go? Each player turn just consists of picking a card from a set presented to you. There are only seven or so card types to learn about. I don't know how well it presents on an iPhone but it surely can't be too bad.

The recently released expansion, Sushi Go Party, adds more variety if the base game starts to get stale.
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

Splendor sounds like it could be her cup of tea. Sushi Go is a very good suggestion. Red7 could work I think. Butterfly is fun and easy to learn, while it still needs a good amount of thinking.
jeffus

Post by jeffus »

jmcl99 wrote: 05 June 2022, 23:18 Have you looked at Sushi Go? Each player turn just consists of picking a card from a set presented to you. There are only seven or so card types to learn about. I don't know how well it presents on an iPhone but it surely can't be too bad.

The recently released expansion, Sushi Go Party, adds more variety if the base game starts to get stale.
Thanks for the lead—I would have never thought of that one, even though I know how incredibly popular it is.
FT3

Post by FT3 »

Marrakech is simple but good fun.

Nidavellir is a slightly harder teach but I’ve successfully played it with non-gamers. You can get on well with just knowing the basic rules and picking up on the rest of it as you play.
Mine Hawk

Post by Mine Hawk »

If you are or she is premium; Hanabi.
Otherwise; Bandito, Yokai, Solo.
Underrated; Lady and Tiger.

Return to “Discuss about board games”