BETTA: Pet shop is open and no more in BETA!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

BETTA: Pet shop is open and no more in BETA!

Post by DrClick »

Today’s your first day of work at Bette’s Pets, everyone’s favorite pet shop. You were expecting to learn how to stock shelves and operate the till, but Bette bought a boatload of bettas. In order to boost sales, Bette’s come up with a way to make a game out of it, and she’s going to award points based on how well you follow her instructions.

You need to arrange the bettas in 3x3 displays. Customers are most drawn to 6 particular patterns. Use your arrangement ideas (your tiles) to make these patterns pop!

Plus, customers love seeing a lot of one color in a display. The more you fill a display with your color, the better your bettas are going to sell.

Once the displays have been filled, or everyone runs out of arrangement ideas, the task is done and whoever has the most points wins!

There is, of course, a nice tutorial to quickly learn how to play the game.
Have a look at the gamepage here:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=betta

And here is the best part: Thanks to the Synapse Games team, the game designer Ikhwan Kwon and the wonderful work done by Moof, the developer, you're now able to play BETTA out of... beta, on Board Game Arena! Shoot some bubbles at them to celebrate this!

And that's it for today.
See you next week!
Until then, play fair and take care!
SimplicatusGames

Re: BETTA: Pet shop is open and no more in BETA!

Post by SimplicatusGames »

As the local pet shop mob protection officer would say: "I betta this'a game'a will'a be'a great'a success'a..."
Our games make you think! https://Simplicatus.Games is an independent publisher and distributor of indie tabletop games.
lordmcfuzz

Post by lordmcfuzz »

oof that is probably one of the worst "how to play" videos I have seen so far. They went way to far into the animations and not far enough on explaining how the game works at an understandable pace. They should have contracted a professional game reviewer youtuber instead.
twistoffate1

Post by twistoffate1 »

Many pet shops treat the animals horribly, and bettas are no exception. They're often shelved by the hundreds in small plastic leftover containers that leave barely enough room to turn around, confusing the heck out of them because they can see fellow bettas right there but cannot reach them.

It's absolutely awful. Please do not support such businesses.
Waddington

Post by Waddington »

I was betting this week's game was going to be Memoir'44...
This week it completes 60 years of the D-day. So would be a nice homage.
creekyhollow

Post by creekyhollow »

hi i'm a girl and new here can someone explain the ned flanders fish to me ty
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Waddington wrote: 08 June 2022, 16:37 I was betting this week's game was going to be Memoir'44...
No possible release for M44 before some things are cleared as the gold lingot topic for instance.
robinzig

Post by robinzig »

creekyhollow wrote: 10 June 2022, 09:24 hi i'm a girl and new here can someone explain the ned flanders fish to me ty
It's a running joke here on BGA. They enjoy cramming some image or allusion to Ned Flanders into the image for every game release announcement.

No-one really seems to know why (as far as I know the site owners/admins have never answered or acknowledge this), but "spotting Flanders" is something we regulars like to try and do with each new game announcement. (Admittedly this one was particularly easy!)
Waddington

Post by Waddington »

Tisaac wrote: 10 June 2022, 11:31
Waddington wrote: 08 June 2022, 16:37 I was betting this week's game was going to be Memoir'44...
No possible release for M44 before some things are cleared as the gold lingot topic for instance.
Thanks for the update. Not sure what you mean by gold lingot topic?
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Waddington wrote: 11 June 2022, 16:00
Tisaac wrote: 10 June 2022, 11:31
Thanks for the update. Not sure what you mean by gold lingot topic?
Players bought gold ingots to play on the m44 app. Once the game is released here, or probably even before that, the game will become premium on bga as well. But since probably there wont be that much players left on the old app, some players might feel a bit upset to have some spare ingots while needing to pay for bga, so the idea would be to convert these ingots to some bga premium access for m44 but this is all still in discussion and thus a blocking topic

Return to “Official announcements [en]”