Tree of Light

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
DissaUA84

Tree of Light

Post by DissaUA84 »

I dont know if I should post it as a bug, I think it's more of a suggestion.

Had a problem with a Tree of Light card. The card has two "Activation Effect" simbols (cogwheels). One is to change 3 crystals to 1 energy and second is to discard 1 energy so you can transmute this round.
The problem is that if you press the card there is no option/button to cansel it :( when I pressed the card I didn't see that another player had Thieving Fairies (steals 1 crystal when opponet activates a card) so I couldn't choose first Activation Effect. And I didn't need the second Activation Effect because I had a dice with that option.
So in the end I wasted a crystal and an energy token without getting anything.
I dont know if that's a problem with all cards with Activation Effects but I think that a cancel button is needed.
diamant

Re: Tree of Light

Post by diamant »

DissaUA84 wrote: 10 June 2022, 09:32Had a problem with a Tree of Light card. The card has two "Activation Effect" simbols (cogwheels). One is to change 3 crystals to 1 energy and second is to discard 1 energy so you can transmute this round.
The problem is that if you press the card there is no option/button to cansel it :( when I pressed the card I didn't see that another player had Thieving Fairies (steals 1 crystal when opponet activates a card) so I couldn't choose first Activation Effect. And I didn't need the second Activation Effect because I had a dice with that option.
So in the end I wasted a crystal and an energy token without getting anything.
I dont know if that's a problem with all cards with Activation Effects but I think that a cancel button is needed.
You are correct that the issue you have encountered is a general issue regarding Power card activations. However, I think the solution is to fix the problem, rather than giving up using a Power card in accordance with the rules of the game.

Imagine playing Seasons in real life, and turning one of your power cards 90°. Seeing this, your opponent with Thieving Fairies in play declares that you have activated your card and advance his marker by 2 on the crystals track. Would you let it happen, or do you consider that the activation of a card corresponds, as indicated in the rule on page 8, to the fulfilment of the prerequisites and the application of the mandatory effects ?

Therefore, in the case of the card Tree of Light, you must first choose between the 2 effects of the card to pay the prerequisites, since each effect corresponds to different prerequisites. As a result, for the effect you wanted to choose, the normal order of operations should have been to pay the 3 crystals to get an energy, and it was only then that the card could be considered activated and trigger the effect of Thieving Fairies.
Therefore, if you had no more crystals after this activation, your opponent should have won only one crystal.

Return to “Seasons”