“Even more wicked!” event

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
thoun

“Even more wicked!” event

Post by thoun »

“Even more wicked!” event is now available in King of Tokyo !

This shiny new expansion bring the wickedness track from King of Tokyo Dark Edition to standard King of Tokyo.
With it, if you roll a triplet of "1", you gain 2 wickedness points, and with a triplet of "2" you gain 1 wickedness point. With those points, you can get Wickedness Tiles when you reach 3, 6 or 10 wickedness points!
The game becomes more strategic, because now "3" are not anymore just better than "1" and "2"!

The expansion has 3 options : orange side, green side, or a random mix of them.

If you want to play with “Even more wicked!” event :
  • Automatic mode : On the game settings (gear icon on the lobby), in “Even more wicked!” Event section, set "Enabled" choices to "I'm okay playing with". If you want to play only “Even more wicked!” Event, set "Disabled" to "I never want to play with". You can also pick intermediate values to play mostly with “Even more wicked!” Event.
  • Manual mode : set “Even more wicked!” Event to one of the "Enabled" choices when creating the table.
Have fun playing this new version of King of Tokyo!
Last edited by thoun on 10 June 2022, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
UCJesse

Re: “Even more wicked!” event

Post by UCJesse »

What is the difference between the orange side and the green side options? What do those options mean?
thoun

Post by thoun »

Orange side and green side are 2 differents powers, one on each side.
So 10 possible powers during a game, but 20 existing power across the 2 sides.
Try a game with orange side and one with green side and you'll see them all :)
f00fak

Post by f00fak »

This is so poorly explained, it's impressive.
thoun

Post by thoun »

Yeah, I'm a dev, not a commercial :D but you have access to PDF rules on the game page or during the game ("Active expansions" button), they will explain it better than I do ;)
vincentt

Post by vincentt »

f00fak wrote: 10 June 2022, 12:10 This is so poorly explained, it's impressive.
Hum maybe but I am sure you meant "oh thank you for this expansion" :)
Nickjensennz

Post by Nickjensennz »

The more expansions the better, this game is amazing thank you so much!
voriki

Post by voriki »

f00fak wrote: 10 June 2022, 12:10 This is so poorly explained, it's impressive.
Long story short, the Wickedness mechanic was introduced in King of Tokyo Dark Edition, but now coming to the base game as an . They may(or may not) have tweaked the tiles' powers it a bit to make it balanced with the base game and in fact Thoun is giving us a great sneak peak since the Even More Wicked micro-expansion isn't released yet in stores. I'm anxious to get my hands on it.

It's another thing keeping the fans busy, changing the gameplay. And then it's looking forward to future expansions, and sister games. King of Monster Island will release in October(physical release, don't think they'll let BGA adapt a brand new game).
thoun

Post by thoun »

voriki wrote: 10 June 2022, 16:14 They may(or may not) have tweaked the tiles' powers
They are exactly the same as the ones from Dark Edition (names & powers)
dexdouglas

Post by dexdouglas »

voriki wrote: 10 June 2022, 16:14 and in fact Thoun is giving us a great sneak peak since the Even More Wicked micro-expansion isn't released yet in stores. I'm anxious to get my hands on it.

It's another thing keeping the fans busy, changing the gameplay. And then it's looking forward to future expansions, and sister games. King of Monster Island will release in October(physical release, don't think they'll let BGA adapt a brand new game).
Whoa cool! I didn’t know they were planning on releasing the wickedness track and tiles as an expansion. I assumed I’d have to buy Dark Edition for it (or craft it myself).

Return to “King of Tokyo”