Any news on future content? (Norwegians, Harvest, Xmas tiles)

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Tisaac

Re: Any news on future content? (Norwegians, Harvest, Xmas tiles)

Post by Tisaac »

Alloran wrote: 03 November 2022, 15:43 It just seems very puzzling (from a layman's perspective) to put all the coding/desgin work into putting FFO on here, and then not do the smaller amount of extra work to add the expansion that is generally agreed to be one of the most essential expansions in all of board games. So I am still holding out hope that a hero steps up!
People tends to underestimate the amount of work needed to developp a game. From what i know, the expansion is far from trivial and might be incompatible in several ways to how the base game is coded. So that's basically the same as adding a new game and you can see just how many people are asking new games to be added, even the most very popular ones. You need either BGA or the publisher to be ready to invest the money and then find someone that can do the job.
ecilef

Post by ecilef »

I would really love to play the expansion. Count me in as someone who would play the game more frequently with the expansion.
Rusty_Meeple

Post by Rusty_Meeple »

Expansions would be great! Count me in as a +1
Thorulfr

Post by Thorulfr »

Would absolutely love the Norwegians expansion, it makes it an even more enjoyable solo game too.
MEECROB GoHeels

Post by MEECROB GoHeels »

I came here looking to play more Feast for Odin and I honestly can't play the base game anymore. The Norwegians expansion just makes it so much better. Hope they eventually add it.
ArborBarber

Post by ArborBarber »

FWIW I don’t bother playing the hard copy game without the Norwegians, it’s just so much better. As a result I don’t play the game on BGA at all anymore… really needs Norwegians.
KeithHendricks

Post by KeithHendricks »

Just wanted to return to this thread to bump it up and see if any developers have any good news about expansion content for A Feast for Odin!

If Norwegians is too much work to implement right now, as Tisaac suggested, how about another add-on expansion, like mini-expansion 1 was added during alpha?

Harvest would be a great addition to A Feast for Odin on BGA! It adds another double-sided island (Mull/Caithness), and when used with the base game, another dark brown occupation card at the start of game and the harvest tokens, which just give you bonus stuff. Then randomized harvests. Other than that, it uses the base game rules and the base game action board. I’m sure most people IRL play Harvest with Norwegians, but there are rules for Harvest plus the base game, and all of it is just tacked on to base game rules. I would love this and I’m sure others would as well!

The Christmas tiles would also be a great easy add-on for BGA. One nice thing about them is it balances the knarr with the other ships a little because it adds another 0 cost special tile (the skates) to make it easier in early rounds to buy two tiles at the special buy action space.

Return to “A Feast for Odin”