First player tie breaker on light-speed variant

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
gordoz

First player tie breaker on light-speed variant

Post by gordoz »

From the rules PDF:
The player
who kept the most money goes first. In the case
of a tie, the player with the highest sector card
goes first, and if still tied roll to see who goes first.
It's written in such a way that leaves it ambiguous, but I believe the intent is for the two tied players to be the only ones eligible for the run-off tie breakers. It's not done that way on BGA. On BGA if 2 people had the same money, a third player with less many can end up going first due to a highest sector card. Doesn't make sense to interpret it that way imo
Lumin_S

Re: First player tie breaker on light-speed variant

Post by Lumin_S »

Yeah, that's one of the many known bugs. https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=46950
fruktansvärt

Post by fruktansvärt »

I wonder who decided Space Base was ready to be out of beta? As far as I can tell, there was no development after the game was put in beta, and the many known bugs have been completely ignored.
Lumin_S

Post by Lumin_S »

fruktansvärt wrote: 13 June 2022, 11:00 I wonder who decided Space Base was ready to be out of beta? As far as I can tell, there was no development after the game was put in beta, and the many known bugs have been completely ignored.
I think the decision to go from Beta to release is usually made by a combination of the developer(s), game publisher, and BGA admins.

There wasn't really any development for a few months before Beta either, but enough alpha reviewers approved it for Beta mode anyway :? Either way, the developer has indeed seemed to have ghosted this project.

And if BGA and the publisher weren't able to contact the developer, I can imagine making the same decision as they did in a difficult position, with the game being far from perfect but still close enough for a good release.
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

I have had a lot of fun playing this game, even to the extent of buying the physical version because of it. I haven't noticed any bugs myself, but then again I must admit a lot of bugs can happen without ever noticing them when not really looking for them. It's really that bad when it comes to this game? Or are most not really gamechanging? Not that I'm saying that would be ok of course ...
v62

Post by v62 »

Also recently had this bug happen in a game. Two players tied with a high remaining available gold, and a third who spent all of their gold. Third who spent it all went first.

Return to “Space Base”