Why wasn't I prompted to Attack after movement?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Tisaac

Re: Why wasn't I prompted to Attack after movement?

Post by Tisaac »

felipe1982 wrote: 24 June 2022, 04:47 I tried it again, and this time I got different results. I allowed me to attack.

This is an excellent module, however I have a 'small' request.

After moving, and (optionally) battling, the game asks me to confirm. Sometimes pressing confirm is for my 'movement' phase. Pressing confirm takes me to the 'battle' phase. However, pressing confirm again, ends my turn.

SUGGESTION: Inform the user that the turn will end when they press CONFIRM after the battle phase.

If moving is complete, but attacking isn't possible, currently the game does not notify the player that battling isn't possible. This is puzzling, especially for players new to M44. They may press CONFIRM hoping to move on to the battle phase, but are disappointed to discover that they have ended their turn! If they would have known, they could have clicked UNDO, and make different decisions.

Would you like me to open a FR in the bug system?
I am confused, confirm your turn is always for your whole turn, nothing else.
felipe1982

Post by felipe1982 »

Thanks for your reply. The game does not make it clear that press ling it ends your turn. I have Pressed it on more than one occasion thinking it was asking me to confirm my movement, so I would have a chance to attack.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

felipe1982 wrote: 24 June 2022, 09:30 Thanks for your reply. The game does not make it clear that press ling it ends your turn. I have Pressed it on more than one occasion thinking it was asking me to confirm my movement, so I would have a chance to attack.
Still not sure to understand what you are saying. The button for confirming your movement should always be "End all my movements", along with the title "you may move your units".
Again, the only place you have a "Confirm" button should be along the title "Please restart or confirm your turn". If you encounter it somewhere else, then it's likely a bug so please create a bug report with precise move number.

Return to “Memoir 44”