NEXT STATION - LONDON : Mega Metro & Mini Pencils

Board Game Arena Official announcements
darhf

Re: NEXT STATION - LONDON : Mega Metro & Mini Pencils

Post by darhf »

DoctorSink wrote: 15 June 2022, 19:57 Did you guys ever fix the bug where lines and/or cards don't show up on iphone/ipad sometimes? When I look at the bug section, the bug is still listed under "info needed" but it hasn't been updated in 3 weeks. This seems like a serious bug that could affect gameplay considerably. I haven't played NEXT STATION in a while so I haven't been able to verify if the bug was still there myself.
We took some measures in latest update to prevent this bug, but we don't know yet if it has been effective.
You should test it again and report to us :p
DoctorSink

Post by DoctorSink »

darhf wrote: 15 June 2022, 21:17
DoctorSink wrote: 15 June 2022, 19:57 Did you guys ever fix the bug where lines and/or cards don't show up on iphone/ipad sometimes? When I look at the bug section, the bug is still listed under "info needed" but it hasn't been updated in 3 weeks. This seems like a serious bug that could affect gameplay considerably. I haven't played NEXT STATION in a while so I haven't been able to verify if the bug was still there myself.
We took some measures in latest update to prevent this bug, but we don't know yet if it has been effective.
You should test it again and report to us :p
Played a game. Had no problem with the lines. But one card, the first one, didn’t appear on my screen. I had to refresh to make it appear.
ufm

Post by ufm »

About the new game page:

Hard to read 'games in progress' and publisher name.
Overview on the right side is convenient.
Also, banner size does not fit unlike the previous design.
I really like displaying tags though. Try clicking them ;)

Btw, isn't 'infested' for beta games too strong?
I know it's a pun, but it feels somewhat off and gives negative impression about the implementation.
Maybe 'housing bugs' or 'sneaky bugs residing'? Dunno, I'm not good at puns.

tldr: Generally positive, I guess, except those two blue unreadable texts and darkened banner.
Veddit

Post by Veddit »

New game page is more squished on my galaxy fold 3 screen than it used to be due to extra padding.
BibleandboardGames

Post by BibleandboardGames »

sl8rgames wrote: 15 June 2022, 17:18 Love the look of the new page, but like a few have mentioned, I cannot find the tutorial option .. even on games where I am sure they have one (since they are well-established and supported).
At least for some games that have tutorials (I checked a couple) you click learn, (The big one, under the main banner, where you can click "Learn" or "Play") that worked for me, but for some reason it didn't work for this particular game.

Also Sheep Boom Bah next week?
SqueekyHT

Post by SqueekyHT »

I hate to be the stick in the mud, but I don't like the new layout.
  • Text on top of a busy background makes it harder to read.
  • The Play and Learn buttons don't fit on my screen. I have to scroll down to find them
  • Links don't provide enough contrast against the background
  • The side navigation buttons are missing hover tips
  • For someone who already knows what they want to play, it already feels like a lot of clicking and scrolling to get started, but this just made it even more so.
Now that's off my chest...
I am really enjoying Next Station - London. Thank you for bringing this game to the site. Excellent intuitive interface... if you've read the rules first :lol:
mavillal

Post by mavillal »

Consulta: ¿Como funciona el objetivo de conectar los "9 distritos"?
Construyo por todos los distritos, pero no me entrega los puntos.
Help !
thoun

Post by thoun »

When it's the 9 objective, you have to connect the 9 stations of the center zone. When you have to connect all zones, it's the 13 objective
kinometal

Post by kinometal »

Zozoken wrote: 15 June 2022, 18:57 I couldn't find Ned in this one or Narabi.
SPOILER:

Narabi is the rock over the box, in this one, look at the light-blue background on the right of the image!
Zozoken

Post by Zozoken »

kinometal wrote: 22 June 2022, 11:38
Zozoken wrote: 15 June 2022, 18:57 I couldn't find Ned in this one or Narabi.
SPOILER:

Narabi is the rock over the box, in this one, look at the light-blue background on the right of the image!
Oh! I see it now! Thanks!

EDIT: I also finally found Ned in the Next Station: London game! It's definitely him, but he's easy to miss! It wasn't until Catan and Narabi announcements that I learned sometimes Ned is not yellow, he can be drawn into the background.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”