New game page

What's new on BGA ?
StoryTime

Re: New game page

Post by StoryTime »

I cannot find the name or link to the tournament anywhere on the new layout. I am asked to "join my tournament game" but have no idea which tournament it is for. Is it somewhere and I can't see it?
DiplomaticJim

Post by DiplomaticJim »

TeddyCuoreDolce wrote: 24 January 2023, 12:46 I usually don't comment on design. People naturally tend to resist changes. But this one I think is really a mistake.
What do I want from a game table screen? I want information about the table and participants.
Maybe it's not the prettiest, but the old interface does just that. The 3 main visible sections are table management, configuration and players cards with all relevant info about them in the game.
What is the new interface telling the user instead? Almost all screen space is given to useless information:
- Other in-progress games
- Tutorials
- Game stats (completion time, complexity, amount of players)
- My own ELO
All of which I could expect from a game screen, not a table screen. Nothing here tells me anything useful about the table itself.
Answer me this question:
- What is the ELO and reputation of the player that just joined?
- What rules are we playing with?
Yes, I completely agree.
ceedee_on_hols

Post by ceedee_on_hols »

DiplomaticJim wrote: 21 February 2023, 06:58
TeddyCuoreDolce wrote: 24 January 2023, 12:46 I usually don't comment on design. People naturally tend to resist changes. But this one I think is really a mistake.
What do I want from a game table screen? I want information about the table and participants.
Maybe it's not the prettiest, but the old interface does just that. The 3 main visible sections are table management, configuration and players cards with all relevant info about them in the game.
What is the new interface telling the user instead? Almost all screen space is given to useless information:
- Tutorials
- My own ELO
All of which I could expect from a game screen, not a table screen. Nothing here tells me anything useful about the table itself.
Answer me this question:
Yes, I completely agree.
100% agree. This design is REALLY hard to understand.
I often get sent to this screen when someone invites me to a game, and then the game IS NOT shown. It is full of clutter - things I really don't want to know about. I love the simplicity and clarity of the existing screen - please put the game information on the game information screen, and revert to the existing screen (which seems to happen most of the time now, phew!) for table information. Someone really wants to complicate life for us users.
LightKnight

Post by LightKnight »

- Tutorials
- My own ELO
Answer me this question:
I also agree. I even made a topic somewhere about it.
I think it would be great to allow players to change the default mode in the options, so they would be allowed to be directed at the main lobby instead of going through the single-game one.
Winslo2022

Post by Winslo2022 »

I can't find Tutorials. I could find them on the old page. I don't know how to otherwise find tutorials ??

Any tips on how to find them for a particular game?
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

Winslo2022 wrote: 26 September 2023, 22:55 I can't find Tutorials. I could find them on the old page. I don't know how to otherwise find tutorials ??

Any tips on how to find them for a particular game?
If you look at the screenshots above, there is a button on the left column that says "Play" and it has a down arrow on the right side. Click on the down arrow and it will open up options, including "Learn." Select "Learn" and if the game has a tutorial a button labeled "Play Tutorial" will appear on the right.
Pickledhippie

Post by Pickledhippie »

Everything I try to start a game, it says First invite a friend. I try again and it's the same thing. So zi invite my friend. It says would you like to send an invite email. I click yes. It says your friend doesn't accept invite emails. So I try hitting start for a game and get the same invite a friend message. I look at it says under restrict players , restrict to friends. I change that to any player. It changes it back to restrict to friends. I'm stuck in this need a friend loop and can't create a game. Please how do I fix this.

Return to “BGA release notes”