New game page

What's new on BGA ?
Sheba-leila

Re: New game page

Post by Sheba-leila »

Wenn man es halt spielen könnte. Seit dem neuen Server ist nicht nur die Verbindung unterbrochen nein ich muss jedesmal neu starten. Das nenne ich mal Fortschritt. Schade um die alte Plattform. Da waren weniger Spiele aber das spielen war angenehm .Für nicht premiummitglieder konnte man auch soviele spielgesuche was man wollte. Es gab keine Werbung. Keine Hinweise wo ich das Spiel kaufen soll und man hatte auch keine Wartezeit wenn man einen Mitspieler hatte. Es wurde sofort gestartet wie bei Premium. Ich kann mich noch erinnern wie BGA verkauft wurde schrieben einige im Forum wo asmodee die Finger dabei hat wird es kaputt gehen. Wie recht sie doch hatten.
el cosimo

Post by el cosimo »

Sheba-leila wrote: 08 December 2022, 13:05 Wenn man es halt spielen könnte. Seit dem neuen Server ist nicht nur die Verbindung unterbrochen nein ich muss jedesmal neu starten. Das nenne ich mal Fortschritt. Schade um die alte Plattform. Da waren weniger Spiele aber das spielen war angenehm .Für nicht premiummitglieder konnte man auch soviele spielgesuche was man wollte. Es gab keine Werbung. Keine Hinweise wo ich das Spiel kaufen soll und man hatte auch keine Wartezeit wenn man einen Mitspieler hatte. Es wurde sofort gestartet wie bei Premium. Ich kann mich noch erinnern wie BGA verkauft wurde schrieben einige im Forum wo asmodee die Finger dabei hat wird es kaputt gehen. Wie recht sie doch hatten.
What a reaction.. you create your own fake theory. Only reason why the server maybe slower, is the reason more and more users use the site. Asmodee deal didn’t any difference. Yeah more games are premium but that is only because they still want a bit of return for their game..
Hasse72

Post by Hasse72 »

mighty_jubbo wrote: 03 December 2022, 19:51 The new game page is awful

Why does it default to the new game page when you propose a rematch - can you change the settings back please
With all respect to the good intentions :)...
I support the idea of making the new game page optional :). When it opens after finishing a game on mobile, it just scares me away: not intuitive at all. All these coloured buttons, options,... I always leave asap and re-enter through the clean, simple interface of old.
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

No offense, but I really need to say - THIS IS HORRIBLE -->

Not only gives THIS less overview and less (obvious) game settings, since THAT some of the games hosted do not appear in manual selection! (just saw and retested it, when someone in my friend list hosted a normal game, with no access restrictions)

at least dont kill or cripple the old (manual) search and host page....-.-

PS: I'm really not someone to post complaints like this (else there would be a long list already on this forum) - but THIS really needed an outcry for how bad and limiting it is (even if pretty... but more useless)
Introvert33

Post by Introvert33 »

The new design is actually pretty nice, I like it.
jenny_marshall

Post by jenny_marshall »

Like a lot of folk on here I also find the new game set up page really hard to navigate and understand. I really prefer the simple, unlcuttered and clear older version (and basically keep clicking until I get to something that looks like it).Getting friends to sign up for games is now really quite difficult!

Please reconsider!
aFoxy1

Post by aFoxy1 »

Please, please, please go back to the old interface. This one is confusing and not intuitive in the least.
Virgil Prane

Post by Virgil Prane »

Tisaac wrote: 05 December 2022, 00:03
Virgil Prane wrote: 04 December 2022, 18:02 I tend to create games that are between a group of various 8 or 9 friends of local players. I also regularly play games with randos on (1 move per 2 days modes)
My go to settings are Turn based, No Time Limit, but not Training Mode.
I appreciate the record keeping of these no time limit, turn based games, seeing which of my personal friends have gotten especially good at a particular game of late.

Prior to the new update you could set the game to "Friends Only" and still play no time limit games without resorting to Training Mode.
It seems this feature is lost on the new page, or I'm struggling to enable it. It seems to jump and get stuck in Training Mode when I click the infinity symbol and I'm not quite sure how to disable it.

Anyone have any thoughts? I figure it just might be me losing sight of it in the new UI? Seems like they cut down on text/language for symbols. I'm probably just not seeing the option, hopefully?
Thanks for the help!

It's already explained in this thread: it's not possible with new lobby because that's probably a feature that's going to disappear in the future anyway.
Oh no. That's terrible.
Mi-K-L

Post by Mi-K-L »

Hello. How to see if a awaiting player is online or offline?

Thanks
Daveoh

Post by Daveoh »

When I try to start a new game, it automatically invites my friends and there's no way to stop it.

Return to “BGA release notes”