CATAN: An all-time classic officially available NOW on Board Game Arena!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
yangtze

Re: CATAN: An all-time classic officially available NOW on Board Game Arena!

Post by yangtze »

It's great, but I'm not sure the trading is entirely right at the moment? I think it might be timesaving if you could offer several options to other players when trading? Then those offers are closed if someone bites at one of them. You then have the chance for further trade or pass.
McKenner1122

Post by McKenner1122 »

MPH10 wrote: 28 June 2022, 14:25 Games take too long.
Main reason is trade.

Suggestions to reduce trading time:
1. Prevent trade for any resource which currently doesn’t exist in the game.
1a. Or prevent trade for any group of resource that no single player currently possesses.
2. Any player which does not have the requested resources, automatically refuse, but still allow them to counter offer.
Hard disagree on your 1, 1a and 2. It would “tell” you what people are holding, in a sense. If a player, personally, can’t keep track of what’s out there, then that’s on them.
CyberSvoloch

Post by CyberSvoloch »

В день, когда я её купил. Спасибо!
Camelot4life

Post by Camelot4life »

I agree with you. The dice rolls are nothing like real life, and the robber came up way to many times in the games I played. It's sad, I really wanted to like this one because the board game was always so much fun to play.

Andres1971 wrote: 24 June 2022, 14:51 I've played it and I'm sorry, but it's awful!!!
The dice are a freaking joke (and I'm not talking about the graphics here), but in the game I played, we had the following numbers:
2: 5 %
3: 7 %
4: 5 %
5: 0 %
6: 9 %
7: 9 %
8: 21 % !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9: 19 % !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10: 16 %
11: 9 %
12: 0 %

I've been playing Catan for years now, and sometimes the dice are messy, no doubt, and you can have uneven rolls. But that in the same game, you have 2 numbers (8 and 9) adding 40 % of the rolls and a 5 ZERO, that is completely unrealistic, and I have had my fair share of crappy games, when it comes to the dice.

The graphics are not great, but it's ok, in the end it doesn't matter. But that you can't use your scroll-wheel to zoom in or out and instead you have to click on a "+" or "-" button, that's ridiculous.

The way to trade is nice, and it works, in general.
But me, personally, I wanted to see if it's a viable alternative to Catan Universe or even to Colonist, and in my opinion, the answer is a very clear NO.
I won't say I didn't like it, because that would be a lie, I hated it and even though I love most of the games here on BGA, that's why I'm a Premium-Member, Catan is awful, sorry guys.
Yuriy R

Post by Yuriy R »

Great news!

Is bank endless in this version?
draingirl

Post by draingirl »

The probabilities of the numbers are way off.
2,3,11 more often than 9 or 10 in every game
even the 2 and 12 more often
Paglioz

Post by Paglioz »

Purtroppo un gioco che basa il 90% della sue meccaniche sul lancio dei dadi non potrà mai essere replicato su un programma digitale dato che non è possibile creare un intelligenza artificiale per il lancio dei dadi . Questo fa sì che il gioco Catan riprodotto digitalmente avrà per forza di cose le partite condizionate da un lancio di dati troppo sintetico che fa perdere il valore della casualità nel gioco .
Paglioz

Post by Paglioz »

draingirl wrote: 07 July 2022, 21:01 The probabilities of the numbers are way off.
2,3,11 more often than 9 or 10 in every game
even the 2 and 12 more often
Esattamente quello che ho scritto anche io…un gioco di dadi su digitale é da evitare assolutamente perché non sarà mai nemmeno minimamente avvicinabile alle condizioni di una partita reale con dadi
Paralyze

Post by Paralyze »

Trash man. So bad. Literally lost cause how the roll went.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”