Alpha option "New set of cards"?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Ninolia

Alpha option "New set of cards"?

Post by Ninolia »

There is a new (alpha) Agricola option available called "New set of cards" but I cannot find info on it anywhere.
Not in this Agricola forum, not in Alpha forum, not on boardgamegeek, not in rules, not on playagricola.
OK, I found 1 card on playagricola out of 10 new in my first hand. Most seem weak or very situational.
What's up? I would like to know the entire set so I can assess what possible huge combos to look out for before I draft.
Game already started. OK, it's training mode, but I think a new option should have a description somewhere on BGA.
Or is this how alpha testing typically goes? Go blindly into the abyss?
Lumin_S

Re: Alpha option "New set of cards"?

Post by Lumin_S »

I think you missed the developer announcement a couple days ago from the players group: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=9608941

Here's the post:
We are very pleased and excited to announce we just push to alpha a set of new cards !! :)
Thanks to Acerbic's great work, we are able to deliver sooner than expected, big shoutout to him !
As with previous set of cards, this is still a WIP, you can follow the status of work here :
https://tinyurl.com/agricolaBGA
Only approved/done cards are currently deployed, which means almost ###200### new cards were just added !
As usual, training mode is enforced at the moment, please report any bugs you might encounter using the bug/suggestion BGA system.
Joltarin

Post by Joltarin »

It seems many Agricola players here aren't members pf that group.

I, for one, am not. Would someone please invite me to join it?
Ninolia

Post by Ninolia »

I certainly would like to be invited to Agricola Players as well, if that is what it takes to get early info.
I think it would be even better to make sure info like this is public, e.g. in the alpha forum.
As I'm sure you all agree, we care about making even an alpha game the best possibly informed.
If this info is not available, alpha test results will be misleading as many player decision will be blind.
I hope this is sufficient argumentation for a slight process change that may benefit all a lot.

Best regards, Ninolia
/ Also very impressed with all work & dedication behind this alpha. Major kudos!
Ranior

Post by Ranior »

The Agricola players group is over 70k people and does not require an invite, you should automatically be a part of it if you have played a game of Agricola.

Therefore it is a public place, and it also should hit your homepage "news" reel. I know a lot of players skip over that, but it is how BGA notifies players of specific games. I agree they also could have posted it in the alpha forum for even more visibility, but I'm confident that the forums get way less traffic than posting it in the Agricola players group.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Joltarin wrote: 23 June 2022, 00:55 It seems many Agricola players here aren't members pf that group.
I would doubt so. Anyone who played at least one Agricola game is a member of this group unless he manualy quit this group so yes, this information is indeed public for Agricola players.
I am not sure it needs any further informations for testing purpose at the moment : we are adding more cards, please test them and report if you see any bugs. What else do you need for testing ?
Once the testing is over, we will likely make some change in the game option (including/excluding some decks for instance) and at this time we will of course communicate more broadly than during the alpha.
watershipdown

Post by watershipdown »

Has anyone else not gotten the option to convert 1 reed into 2 food using Basketmaker's wife. It says "At any time, you can convert 1 reed into 2 food", but I haven't seen the option to do that. I can report it as a bug.

Return to “Agricola”