Can you not queue multiple trades?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
RagnarTML

Can you not queue multiple trades?

Post by RagnarTML »

Say I want to offer either wheat OR sheep OR brick for something like wood, can we not have multiple offers on the table for someone to accept? I love Catan and nice to see it here but the trade system (as I would be worried about in a turn based game) has this almost unplayable atm.
Rukus McUallas

Re: Can you not queue multiple trades?

Post by Rukus McUallas »

RangarTML wrote: 23 June 2022, 20:50 Say I want to offer either wheat OR sheep OR brick for something like wood, can we not have multiple offers on the table for someone to accept? I love Catan and nice to see it here but the trade system (as I would be worried about in a turn based game) has this almost unplayable atm.
A "decline all offers" button would be needed in that case. I wouldn't want to click away every offer separately.
der-spieler

Post by der-spieler »

Agree. Trading needs improvement. Further, if you don't study the log on turn based games you risk proposing the same deal several times in one turn and forget about it.
A queue which proposes subsequent deals on decline automatically would improve trading a lot.
der-spieler

Post by der-spieler »

In addition: Take a look how the free clone "pioneers" is handling trading. In my oppinion this is much better. It offers first a list of how many of what ressource you want to and receive. Then it creates a list of possible trades which the opponents can select from and accept. Thus you have not so much back and forth all the time, which makes turn based games very lenghty.
nOOless cluebie

Post by nOOless cluebie »

^^THIS

It’s ridiculous to be in a turn based game and one player eats up over a week on his turn offering 3-4 trades each time (and this is in Arena)
nicch

Post by nicch »

There just needs to be an OR button.

At present if you select two resources it offers both, when what would appeal to most would be option of specifying alternatives.

e.g. you are willing to swap wood or wool for brick.

Click give wood and receive brick, click "OR" and then select give wool.

Would give a lot of options e.g. swap 2 wood or a wood and a wool for a brick, or have wool swap for wood or ore.
Stroom

Post by Stroom »

All it really needs is asynchronous trading offers displayed by all players at once. You can display them all on the side and when a player accepts one offer, everyone sees it and can match it if they want to - so the active player can choose between all of those. Like PlayCatan...
Salvidrim

Post by Salvidrim »

You can drop a quick note in chat...

sometimes I'll offer a trade for e.g. 1 of my Wood for 1 Wheat, and I'll drop a note in chat like "offering 1 Wood for 1 Wheat or 1 Rock". Or "offering 1 Wood or 1Stone for 1 Wheat". You can even be more complex, like submit a trade of 2 Stone for 2 Brick and say in chat "offering 1 Wood + 1 Brick or 2 Stone FOR 1 Sheep + 1 Wheat or for 2 Brick" That way other players can just make a counteroffer for one of the alternatives I've mentioned.
Stroom

Post by Stroom »

Chat is a horrible way to trade. Some players might not speak your language. PlayCatan trading system was efficient for all kinds of trades. Very quick.
Salvidrim

Post by Salvidrim »

Stroom wrote: 12 August 2022, 05:16 Chat is a horrible way to trade. Some players might not speak your language. PlayCatan trading system was efficient for all kinds of trades. Very quick.
FWIW, BGA chat has a built-in auto-translator for any player who does not have a basic understanding of the common internet language of English.

Return to “Catan”