Tournaments & karma: new rules

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
JoysJoy

Re: Tournaments & karma: new rules

Post by JoysJoy »

Acuado wrote: 27 June 2022, 19:15
Acuado wrote: 27 June 2022, 00:31 Hi, i want to know if it's activate or not yet because i'm versus a player who have <65% in this tournament started at few (there are 2h when i write)
I back about this same player.. he surrend tournament .. but game still open and i must wait 4d for "kick" him .. and i dont find what category i must choice for report it so.. what can we do now ? :'(
BGA Makes it very difficult to find a place to put in an email. It is not listed under what you think it should be listed under. You have to lie about what you want. They have no other way you can make a report. They only pay attention to report in the Support area. This is what I did to find a place to make a report
https://boardgamearena.com/support
Click “Website” “account access” “accessing my account” “my problem has not been solved”

Now you will a support eMail forum.

It is the best BGA currently offers. They said in another post the only emails they can answer are support emails, and they only send an answer if they have one. Big warning you might never hear back. I would also go to the other form area and put a post there. BGA physical address to send mail to and their phone number are also on this form post: https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=25996
Acuado

Post by Acuado »

Done, i hope that will be done fast or fix for avoid anothers problems like it.

I saw he had forfeit another tournaments and block other games ; lucky for some he is eliminated or négative timer.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Acuado wrote: 27 June 2022, 00:31 Hi, i want to know if it's activate or not yet because i'm versus a player who have <65% in this tournament started at few (there are 2h when i write)

Player karma (i censored him)
https://prnt.sc/Sd3N6g_XF6pj

And tournament rules :
https://prnt.sc/1rqQTg3BXqyY

Maybe because he lose 40 just yesterday (same if "today" for site, i dont know when it's midnight here) ?
The explanation is the following: he had the right karma to start the tournament, then after his karma dropped after the "24 hours before tournament" check.

As a consequence of this low karma, he has been expelled from all the tournaments, but there is still the first game to play.

Unfortunately as we said, no system is perfect, but the new rules will at least avoid the worst cases.
Acuado

Post by Acuado »

sourisdudesert wrote: 28 June 2022, 12:32 The explanation is the following: he had the right karma to start the tournament, then after his karma dropped after the "24 hours before tournament" check.

As a consequence of this low karma, he has been expelled from all the tournaments, but there is still the first game to play.

Unfortunately as we said, no system is perfect, but the new rules will at least avoid the worst cases.
Thk for the answer. Now there is a problem, he dont play his "first game" so devs must find how to auto-kick players from tournament's game after forfeit or auto-forfeit for avoid useless waiting :)
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Acuado wrote: 28 June 2022, 13:51
sourisdudesert wrote: 28 June 2022, 12:32 The explanation is the following: he had the right karma to start the tournament, then after his karma dropped after the "24 hours before tournament" check.

Thk for the answer. Now there is a problem, he dont play his "first game" so devs must find how to auto-kick players from tournament's game after forfeit or auto-forfeit for avoid useless waiting :)
Withdrawing from a tournament is supported for months on BGA already so this is already working pretty well.
Silene

Post by Silene »

Acuado wrote: 28 June 2022, 13:51 Thk for the answer. Now there is a problem, he dont play his "first game" so devs must find how to auto-kick players from tournament's game after forfeit or auto-forfeit for avoid useless waiting :)
Regardless how much reputation they have or whether they got kicked from the tournament - they should still be allowed to use up the thinking time in the games they're currently in. You can kick them, when they used up their allotted time. There is no fix needed for removing someone from a game, who still has a positive clock. Not even when they didn't make a move yet.
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
FSKFSK

Post by FSKFSK »

There needs to be a cleanup script that auto-ends tournament games with a booted player. Sometimes the game gets stuck on the turn of the booted player and the other players don't all exit since it isn't their turn.

Example: a booted player 7 Wonders "the hanging gardens may play their last card" and it's a booted player's turn.

The tournament gets stuck until the full 15 days have passed.
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

It is still not working reliably. I am playing in a Haiclue tournament at Table 271645893. One of the other players has made no move in our game since it started (well over 20 days) and is on 0 karma. The system has not booted her out.
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

Meanwhile, another player at the same table has quit/been booted on 100% of his recent games (1/1), and hasn't played at all in at least the last 2 rounds of this tournament, yet still is showing up as 88% karma.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

GeraldineMerida wrote: 28 June 2022, 22:37 It is still not working reliably. I am playing in a Haiclue tournament at Table 271645893. One of the other players has made no move in our game since it started (well over 20 days) and is on 0 karma. The system has not booted her out.
It is. Check the tournament newsfeed.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”