Tournaments & karma: new rules

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
Acuado

Re: Tournaments & karma: new rules

Post by Acuado »

FSKFSK wrote: 08 July 2022, 03:51 Does it display your "current active tournaments" and "max tournaments" number on your profile somewhere?

If it's an elimination tournament (knockout, multiplayer elimination, or groups stage) and you've already been eliminated, that tournament should no longer count towards your limit. There are some tournaments that can last for months after you were eliminated.
I dont think so.. or i dont find where. Like i use a BGA's extension (for chrome), that still show tournament where i'm eliminated, so.. i maybe that count same here
guilsolo

Post by guilsolo »

S'il s'agit d'un tournoi à élimination (KO, élimination multijoueur ou phase de groupes) et que vous avez déjà été éliminé, ce tournoi ne devrait plus compter dans votre limite. Certains tournois peuvent durer des mois après votre élimination.

Je suis tout à fait d'accord. Si les tournois où nous sommes éliminés ne comptaient pas, on pourrait s'inscrire sur d'autres. Il faudrait changer cette règle.
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

miklomike wrote: 06 July 2022, 23:48 Is there anywhere that says how many tournaments we are in? I tried to join a tournament just now and it said I have reached my max of 100 tournaments.

For all in progress tournaments I am only in 45 tournaments. For all planned tournaments I am only in 5. That's is a total of only 50 turn based tournaments.

To add to this, of those 45 in progress tournaments, I have been eliminated from 18 of them.

The max number of 100 tournaments is not being calculated correctl. I also think it should not count tournaments that you have been eliminated from since you are no longer playing in those tournaments.

Added a bug report here https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=67470
I was going to vote your bug for you and I saw they say it is fixed. And then there is another post that it is still happening. You’ll have to fill out a new bug report because once they say it is fixed -they will not look again. Do another report showing it is not yet fixed and post it here for everybody to upvote it
miklomike

Post by miklomike »

JoysJoy wrote: 11 July 2022, 01:45
I was going to vote your bug for you and I saw they say it is fixed. And then there is another post that it is still happening. You’ll have to fill out a new bug report because once they say it is fixed -they will not look again. Do another report showing it is not yet fixed and post it here for everybody to upvote it
It has been fixed for me, but I did see that other users still had problems. Someone still having the error should open a new bug report probably.
Martha D

Post by Martha D »

So as a Non- Premium players: my $0.02
1) Limit to a LIFETIME maximum of 100 turn based tourneys is too restrictive for many. I reached 100 years ago.
2) Consider two alternatives:
A) Limit number of CURRENT /ACTIVE Turn Base Tourneys
B) Limit number of FUTURE Turn Base Tourneys
3) Notify ALL tourney admins of the New Rule that FREE player / friends can not play without an OFFICIAL INVITE (url is not enough!).
A) I have been accused of LYING! Several times by Tourney admins I approach for INVITE.
B) I am fortunate that I have 450+ reciprocal friends on BGA, so I AM getting Invites.
4) Be more Specific on the WARNING NOTICE. I Un-Registered from many invites, thinking bga doesn't want free players to fill up spaces before Premium. Then I could NOT Re-Register to any.
5) New BGA Free Players. especially Shy players, will be at a strategic DISADVANTAGE!!
Thanks & that's all. The digital Divide Still Exists! ;)
Silene

Post by Silene »

Martha D wrote: 01 August 2022, 06:24 So as a Non- Premium players: my $0.02
1) Limit to a LIFETIME maximum of 100 turn based tourneys is too restrictive for many. I reached 100 years ago.
2) Consider two alternatives:
A) Limit number of CURRENT /ACTIVE Turn Base Tourneys
B) Limit number of FUTURE Turn Base Tourneys
3) Notify ALL tourney admins of the New Rule that FREE player / friends can not play without an OFFICIAL INVITE (url is not enough!).
A) I have been accused of LYING! Several times by Tourney admins I approach for INVITE.
B) I am fortunate that I have 450+ reciprocal friends on BGA, so I AM getting Invites.
4) Be more Specific on the WARNING NOTICE. I Un-Registered from many invites, thinking bga doesn't want free players to fill up spaces before Premium. Then I could NOT Re-Register to any.
5) New BGA Free Players. especially Shy players, will be at a strategic DISADVANTAGE!!
Thanks & that's all. The digital Divide Still Exists! ;)
I thought the limit of 100 (or 400) is for ongoing tournaments, not lifetime. Pretty sure that was the intention of the new rules. Has anyone else experienced this limit to be lifetime? If so - my first guess would be that this is a bug and the counter accidently doesn't decrease when you finished a tournament.
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
Silene

Post by Silene »

But the numbers do seem quite high if they were for ongoing tournaments (I'd rather expect something like 50 / 10)...
However the idea of not ever being able to freely join any public tournament again because one played a lot of monday meeples in the past surely can't be the intention. Or is it?
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
WhisperJack

Post by WhisperJack »

Part of the issue I believe stems from tournaments beginning and participants having no idea, having recieved no notifications when it began nor when singlwe matches begin. It happened to me 3 days ago and Im on BGA every day playing turn based games and the only notification I recieved was when the tournament was over. Half the "participants" were also apparently not aware as they were non-participants. I can aimagine the outrage I would feel after being barred from entering tournaments umnder such circumstances

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”