How to tell first player?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ScytheGirl

How to tell first player?

Post by ScytheGirl »

Tapestry doesn't have a first player marker, but player order is still important in the opening moves. How do I tell who the first player will be, once a game is set up?
Ez0ah

Re: How to tell first player?

Post by Ez0ah »

You can check the log. There is an entry for who is the first player.
If I remember correctly, it’s the third entry in the log.
spanj19

Post by spanj19 »

In theory in the game rules, it should be the person with the lowest numbered capital city mat (i.e. mountain is labeled 1, or if that's not in play, it would be wetlands #2). I'm not sure how BGA has been configuring it, but this hasn't been the case for most games I've played. Not sure if it's a bug or a rule I'm unaware of.
Kordalia

Post by Kordalia »

Where in the rule is it said anything about the mat number being related to turn order?
FletchLives

Post by FletchLives »

Ez0ah wrote: 27 June 2022, 15:50 You can check the log. There is an entry for who is the first player.
If I remember correctly, it’s the third entry in the log.
But is there a way to tell *before* that shows up in the log -- before we pick civilizations. There are times where my civilization decision would depend on who goes first (e.g., grabbing a tech card, or racing to the center isle) but that "starting player" entry doesn't show up until it's too late.

P.S. great ? ScytheGirl (I have been wondering this for a while).
Last edited by FletchLives on 17 December 2022, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.
FletchLives

Post by FletchLives »

spanj19 wrote: 13 December 2022, 23:14 In theory in the game rules, it should be the person with the lowest numbered capital city mat (i.e. mountain is labeled 1, or if that's not in play, it would be wetlands #2). I'm not sure how BGA has been configuring it, but this hasn't been the case for most games I've played. Not sure if it's a bug or a rule I'm unaware of.
Front page of the .PDF version of the rules I found online (BGG?) says, under the Global and Player Setup sections: "Randomly select the 1st player and begin. Each player’s first turn is an income turn (see Income)." Has that changed?
jm3

Post by jm3 »

So is it decided AFTER civ picks? And based on what? Random selection?

Picking civs like Chosen/Architects is pretty dependent on what order you play.

Return to “Tapestry”