SUMMER OF GAMES : the release calendar!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Jellby

Re: SUMMER OF GAMES : the release calendar!

Post by Jellby »

"New games" means released out of beta. You could have played them before, while they were in beta (or alpha).
Lupo771

Post by Lupo771 »

Just Like last Year!
Tom DeMarco

Post by Tom DeMarco »

If I am not going to get the "treasure" every day, what does getting any one "treasure" get me? I don't see anything in Achievements. Am I looking in the wrong place?
evilgordo

Post by evilgordo »

Tom DeMarco wrote: 20 July 2022, 17:27 If I am not going to get the "treasure" every day, what does getting any one "treasure" get me? I don't see anything in Achievements. Am I looking in the wrong place?
The Achievements are earned for opening a 'treasure' every day for consecutive days;

1st achievement for opening your first 'treasure'
2nd achievement for opening 10 'treasures' in a row/chain/streak.
Final achievement for opening a 'treasure' for each day of the month of July.
Tom DeMarco

Post by Tom DeMarco »

evilgordo wrote: 21 July 2022, 00:11
Tom DeMarco wrote: 20 July 2022, 17:27 If I am not going to get the "treasure" every day, what does getting any one "treasure" get me? I don't see anything in Achievements. Am I looking in the wrong place?
The Achievements are earned for opening a 'treasure' every day for consecutive days;

1st achievement for opening your first 'treasure'
2nd achievement for opening 10 'treasures' in a row/chain/streak.
Final achievement for opening a 'treasure' for each day of the month of July.
Thank you. Got four in a row now - going for ten!
Nastaa

Post by Nastaa »

There is also an achievement for opening 20 'treasures' in a row.
evilgordo

Post by evilgordo »

Nastaa wrote: 23 July 2022, 09:28 There is also an achievement for opening 20 'treasures' in a row.
That's good to know! I lost my first chain on the 10th (dunno how, I play every day and start on the main page...any way) and thought I was out completely and was going to stop opening 'treasures' since it was implied the only achievements was 1st day and a complete chain to the last day. But I started a new chain on the 11th and was surprised to see my perseverance payed off with an achievement with a 10-day chain!

I mean, now it seems obvious that there would multiple achievements as the 'treasure' chain grows, like there are 'similar' achievements for consecutive wins at every game. Unfortunately, this Summer of Games 'game' is only available once a year (and for some, their first time)...knowing that there are multiple achievements beforehand would probably have members continue to 'play' even if they miss the first day or break the chain.
Een

Post by Een »

Quick stats update:
- 26 games have been released to date
- 56954 players have opened at least one game (1st award)
- 4894 players have opened 10 in a row (2nd award)
- 2153 players have opened 20 in a row (3rd award)
- 1293 players have an unbroken streak and can still make it to the last award 🎉
hervan

Post by hervan »

Where are the 26 games so far? The last update to the release calendar was for the July 18th release.
Een

Post by Een »

hervan wrote: 26 July 2022, 15:59 Where are the 26 games so far? The last update to the release calendar was for the July 18th release.
They are in the calendar on the home page, and in the "Latest games on BGA" section of the games list page. Updating the forum post is a manual process so we don't do it every day.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”