SUMMER OF GAMES : the release calendar!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
miklomike

Re: SUMMER OF GAMES : the release calendar!

Post by miklomike »

Een wrote: 01 August 2022, 17:13
miklomike wrote: 01 August 2022, 15:19 Can you also give us the stats for how many players opened 30 in a row, to show how many of us missed only the first day because we opened the chest on local time correctly, but not server time. Please and thank you.
87 players have opened all days except the 1st one. But you can probably not deduce anything about why they missed the first day.
30 players missed the last day, and in total 1847 players have missed just one day, for whatever reason.
As I said in an earlier post, it's a challenge, it has to be a little hard :)
Checking the chest every single day WAS completed tho, challenge accepted. But there was no big mention leading up to it that server time would be used instead of local time. So those 87 of us, at least some of us, missed out because of that reason alone. A few of us talked about it a few pages back.

It might be nice for future events, to clarify in the days leading up to it when the day resets. Also having the event higher up (at least on mobile it's WAY down there at the bottom) would help because I would have noticed it on the last day of June (still June local time but event started server time). I never thought to look at the bottom of the page the day before the event started. Thank you
Een

Post by Een »

miklomike wrote: 02 August 2022, 01:45 Checking the chest every single day WAS completed tho, challenge accepted. But there was no big mention leading up to it that server time would be used instead of local time. So those 87 of us, at least some of us, missed out because of that reason alone. A few of us talked about it a few pages back.

It might be nice for future events, to clarify in the days leading up to it when the day resets. Also having the event higher up (at least on mobile it's WAY down there at the bottom) would help because I would have noticed it on the last day of June (still June local time but event started server time). I never thought to look at the bottom of the page the day before the event started. Thank you
Sorry about the frustration, I agree that accounting correctly for time zones on an international website is something really difficult; calendar was displayed 1 day in advance, and there is a clear indication when clicking on a treasure before it's available that we use server time, with the number of hours left to make it extra clear. Probably we should also have mentioned it in the announcement.

While you are certainly right that some people missed the first day because of this, overall the average of people having missed just one day is 60, and on the first day it's exected to be above average. We can certainly do better (it's always possible to improve) but the number of people having missed only the first day is not completely off the charts either.
Shobu

Post by Shobu »

Is it planned this year?
Hopefully Meridians will finally get an official release
Shobu

Post by Shobu »

Is it planned this year?

Return to “Official announcements [en]”