“World Tour” event

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
thoun

“World Tour” event

Post by thoun »

“World Tour” event started today!

And we go to... Mexico!

A new Monster has been spotted at Mexico! This beautiful Monster joins the fight for a week.
To make it easier to play with it, option Pick monster default is set to Pick instead of Automatic during the event (in Simple mode).

Thanks Iello to give us new content for King of Tokyo regularily 8-)

Next week, the World Tour continue with another Monster... From which country do you think it will be?
Last edited by thoun on 04 July 2022, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
voriki

Re: “World Tour” event

Post by voriki »

I more expected a Hug Season event, starring Kawaii-Ju. Maybe he's the one popping up next week.

Or could it be a Fenrir, a Cy-Gull or Ka-Boomer? Oh my, I really don't know what Monster could pop up next week. So exciting.

And still poor Rob is without his family from New York. Guess I need to stay tuned for further releases.
thoun

Post by thoun »

voriki wrote: 01 July 2022, 11:50 I more expected a Hug Season event, starring Kawaii-Ju. Maybe he's the one popping up next week.

Or could it be a Fenrir, a Cy-Gull or Ka-Boomer? Oh my, I really don't know what Monster could pop up next week. So exciting.

And still poor Rob is without his family from New York. Guess I need to stay tuned for further releases.
All I can say is one of your guess will show during the event. But I won't tell which one ;)
IFailAlways

Post by IFailAlways »

Awesome.

I'm wondering what's coming next: Ned Flanders Hulk? :lol:
voriki

Post by voriki »

IFailAlways wrote: 01 July 2022, 12:29 Awesome.

I'm wondering what's coming next: Ned Flanders Hulk? :lol:
Unfortunately that's going to be iffy with trademarks, a Flanders would have been a fun in the spirit of BGA.

I don't know exactly how the process goes to make actual promo monsters, often it's done by sponsorships and IELLO is not actually the people making them(or share the workload for it). Too bad BGA doesn't really have a mascot as far as I know, as a promo monster representing BGA would have been a great idea to expand in the 'King of "Universe" ', and draw more attention to the site and online game.

I have been able to procure a recent promo pack of cards from an event, and inside was also an advertisement card stating KoT was now online on BGA, so surely IELLO loves the publicity.

EDIT: I propose if there is ever a BGA Monster designed, we gotta incorporate Thoun's name in it.
Thounosaurus-Rex, Masthoundont, Sabrethoun Tiger, Tricerathoun, Thounadactyl. Taken some ideas from the OG Power Rangers, but surely there are also hundreds of original names to find. Winnie the Thoun?
Last edited by voriki on 01 July 2022, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
The Cereal Killer

Post by The Cereal Killer »

Que genial! Saludos!
FinnishGal

Post by FinnishGal »

Sasquatch from Canada
The Cyclops from Greece
The Troll from Scandinavia
Baba Yaga from Russia
voriki

Post by voriki »

FinnishGal wrote: 01 July 2022, 16:03 Baba Yaga from Russia
She'd get her butt kicked by Lyutoborscht of Ukraine.
Carolinemgm

Post by Carolinemgm »

I must miss something, I create a simple real-time game with choosing monster but I do not see this new one in the choices :/
Can someone explain what I am doing wrong ?
Thanks
voriki

Post by voriki »

Carolinemgm wrote: 01 July 2022, 17:25 I must miss something, I create a simple real-time game with choosing monster but I do not see this new one in the choices :/
Can someone explain what I am doing wrong ?
Thanks
You have to Enable Bonus(promo) Monsters. Some people just prefer to only work with the base monsters.

Return to “King of Tokyo”