Forced income turns?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Arpinatorr

Forced income turns?

Post by Arpinatorr »

Played it for the first time here but I've played a physical copy before. A few times I was forced to take income turns even though I had resources left to advance. Or took a turn and got a note that my game is finished. Why did it keep happening? It's not something that I've experienced in the physical game and I believe I could advance until I had no more resources. Am I missing something?
Miir

Re: Forced income turns?

Post by Miir »

The game won't force an income round if you have valid advances left. It can of course be a bug, but I haven't personally experienced that ever so I find it unlikely. Remember that cards like Dictatorship, may force an income round by blocking advancements on one track. Also, if you run out of time, the other players can choose to skip your turns for the remainder of the game resulting in you getting the "game finished" notification.

Can you post a link to a replay where this allegedly happens?

EDIT: I see from you profile that you have in fact run out of time in 3 of the 5 times you have played Tapestry. That will explain it.
Varianor

Post by Varianor »

I just finished a game where income was automatically triggered for me, but going around the table heading into that turn I gathered 2 coin, which would have been enough to let me get to AI Singularity and keep going. I was most definitely not out of time. Why would this happen? Game number is 299755855. https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=299755855 Thanks in advance for any insight.
drsteelhammer

Post by drsteelhammer »

You had one coin (not enough for AI) and gained two during income (diplomacy+district bonus)

Return to “Tapestry”