Solo High Score

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
G-Mumz

Re: Solo High Score

Post by G-Mumz »

I did a quick run-through of bluestar's strategy where I baked a grain for every bake action and got 166 points.

Here is the seed: eNoFwVECXDARCAXAK0l5rU_VRSw5hcObofuvmUKtfry74g7K0WBYhmPCDrhOp-6UzjtU4kTVQHnYYQ91

I substituted in Animal Tamer for Livestock because I assumed I would not have as much grain, but I still ended up with 21 grain leftover. I'm not sure how much that matters though, because I was slower to use the Beer Stein and Baking Sheet due to prioritizing growth. I'm guessing the optimal strategy is to start baking a little sooner and stick with Animal Tamer.
EuroGamez

Post by EuroGamez »

G-Mumz wrote: 09 December 2022, 04:35 I did a quick run-through of bluestar's strategy where I baked a grain for every bake action and got 166 points.

Here is the seed: eNoFwVECXDARCAXAK0l5rU_VRSw5hcObofuvmUKtfry74g7K0WBYhmPCDrhOp-6UzjtU4kTVQHnYYQ91

I substituted in Animal Tamer for Livestock because I assumed I would not have as much grain, but I still ended up with 21 grain leftover. I'm not sure how much that matters though, because I was slower to use the Beer Stein and Baking Sheet due to prioritizing growth. I'm guessing the optimal strategy is to start baking a little sooner and stick with Animal Tamer.

Cool, did you check if the bug was fixed btw?
Last edited by EuroGamez on 14 December 2022, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
bluestar

Post by bluestar »

Lumin_S wrote: 03 December 2022, 07:26 Cool strategy, bluestar - but it looks like this game takes advantage of a bug I haven't seen before. Discarding a food should not allow the player to activate Beer Stein or Baking Sheet without actually baking grain.
Hi,Lumin_S.I didn’t use the bug that you can bake break if you only discard 1 food
Lumin_S

Post by Lumin_S »

bluestar wrote: 12 December 2022, 11:13
Lumin_S wrote: 03 December 2022, 07:26 Cool strategy, bluestar - but it looks like this game takes advantage of a bug I haven't seen before. Discarding a food should not allow the player to activate Beer Stein or Baking Sheet without actually baking grain.
Hi,Lumin_S.I didn’t use the bug that you can bake break if you only discard 1 food
Please explain how moves 75-77, 82-84, 99-101 are legal in the replay of the link you provided boardgamearena.com/table?table=310863550? Sure looks like you're using that bug to me.

To be clear, I think there's no harm done by using a bug when you're playing a solo game for fun. But in a competitive sense (comparing high scores), I personally don't consider it a valid game if a rule is bypassed due to a bug.
EuroGamez

Post by EuroGamez »

It's not 170+ or anything. But I just did a simple chose 7 from 10 game. Got a really nice hand of cards and was able to get a 92 with it on my 5th try, pretty sure this is my highest score with a random set of cards.

Here is the seed if anyone want to try and beat it:
eNoFwckBwCAIBMCW4gqseQo04pUqLD4z5c49jsBKq-tV3m67qznoOF7pwuATlOAIWcmZX0LT8APQMA9F

I guess you will be stuck with the same 7 I chose though if you use the seed as I don't think there is a way to do the picks again. The 6 cards I didn't chose were:
Minor: Blueprint (could see this working though after playing), Dwelling mound, Plant Fertilizer
Occ: Cookery Outfitter, Scythe Worker, Master Workman.

Feel free to redo the draft "manually" if you think my card selectiong was suboptimal =)
G-Mumz

Post by G-Mumz »

I finally got around to trying out bluestar's strategy again (but with Animal Tamer and baking a grain every time, using the same seed as above).

I was able to get to 170 this time by delaying growth a little and emphasizing baking.

I ended up with only 8 grain. There were three times where I baked but was only able to use the Baking Sheet and not the Beer Stein, so it might be possible to eek out another point or two, but I doubt it. There's just not as much room to maneuver with this set of cards compared to Lumin's.
bluestar

Post by bluestar »

Lumin_S wrote: 12 December 2022, 20:28
bluestar wrote: 12 December 2022, 11:13
Please explain how moves 75-77, 82-84, 99-101 are legal in the replay of the link you provided boardgamearena.com/table?table=310863550? Sure looks like you're using that bug to me.

To be clear, I think there's no harm done by using a bug when you're playing a solo game for fun. But in a competitive sense (comparing high scores), I personally don't consider it a valid game if a rule is bypassed due to a bug.
Hi,Sorry for replying so late,it seems no notification when someone replies to my post.The game was a long time ago,so I didn’t remember so clearly,sorry for that.
BTW I never use this bug when playing with other players and hope the bug can be fixed soon.

Return to “Agricola”