Solo High Score

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Orophoin

Solo High Score

Post by Orophoin »

Hi all,

I couldn't find a post on the forums for this, so have created it myself. What is the highest score anyone has scored in Solo Mode? For this, you can select any seven Minors/Occupations, and reset the game until you get the spaces to come out as desired. I'll take different scores for different modes:

Normal/Competitive mode, C&D cards and New cards, the current record is 139, found by me, inspired by Lumin_S here:
eNoFwdEBgCAIBcCVgniQn4CLVOAUDu8d7be-plv5kX_Ativc2FkcGrpCKmBpnVRJnVxcCZ5r6nVcMM8SD2w

Lumin_S's original effort at 127 points:
eNoFwcEBwCAIBLCVCsJRnwUW0SpTOLwJnfHPLQ3Ueb1q51M4ytlcXCvQw0bQCtohkpCsZKRU4rnXGQ99

128 points found by me, using a very different playstyle here:
eNoFwcEBgCAMA8CVTC2JPNuyiAJbMLx3OO_8tpvuB6s3nmALeYhhSPUEEjNNRRZWYRevQR-mH9DSDts

Normal mode, C&D cards, but no New cards, I've got to 112:
eNoFwdEBgCAIBNCVAoWrT7kWCcUpHL735Hwrqyn6I_M2PwM6VEIRfYVl2KYXAaJYlGJL-vX2_QPWHg_N

Normal mode, no expansions, I've reached 103 points:
eNoFwdsBgCAMA8CVbOgDP5NNxOIUDO-dnafXHh6Y9t6Vh5kssCbtXCJMcKGElru8FaVYik85fs9MDwE

If you want to add any of your own records, please do post here and I'll try to keep this post updated. Ideally include a seed so others can try to match you.
Last edited by Orophoin on 15 September 2022, 19:20, edited 5 times in total.
Lumin_S

Re: Solo High Score

Post by Lumin_S »

I've got 127 on CD+New+Banlist
eNoFwcEBwCAIBLCVCsJRnwUW0SpTOLwJnfHPLQ3Ueb1q51M4ytlcXCvQw0bQCtohkpCsZKRU4rnXGQ99

Also have 114 on CD using Big Country. Same gameplan as the 127 but without BC and 3 occ changes. I don't have the seed anymore and someone else claimed to make 115 on the same hand (I believe them)

I also think Master Bricklayer would be the first card I'd ban for a "better" solo challenge.

P.S. your seeds are reversed, the bottom one you gave is with new cards.

Edit: Our hands are startlingly different, so that's pretty cool.
Orophoin

Post by Orophoin »

127 is an amazing score! And I also find it remarkable how different our runs are to get such similar scores. I also have reached 125 abusing day labourer (literally using it every turn) to add a third very different route which is right up there.

Master Bricklayer is an amazing card, but I don't think it's necessarily ban-worthy. Neither of my runs above used it as I could get enough stone from Tree Guard/Day Labourer. It is an absolute must in base game, however. I don't play much multiplayer, but have found it just as strong there.

Personally, I think Lord of the Manor is more ban-worthy. It's just a free 7/8 points in solo Mode. At least Tutor has to be played at the start of the game, and then it only gets you 6.

I've updated the list with your work. Thanks, Lumin_S.
Orophoin

Post by Orophoin »

I've used Lumin_S' idea to reach 139 points. Thanks for the seed!

Personally, I find it a bit disappointing that the best method seems to be ignoring making a farm, and instead building a castle (you end with all fifteen spaces as stone rooms). At four points each (including Rustic), that more than makes up for the negatives from having no fields/pastures.
Orophoin

Post by Orophoin »

Small edit. I've managed to squeeze a couple of points out of the 'forest method' taking the total to 128 points. I'd welcome anyone to try to replicate it as a puzzle: almost every move in the first ten or so rounds seem almost completely forced, though at the end you even get a whole free action.
Lumin_S

Post by Lumin_S »

Inspired by a 141-point game I found from jun0909, I made a couple small modifications to get a 149 on this seed: eNoFwckBwCAIBMCWXFzUxTwFGvGswuIzgzf2PFJq_rCa8nVBrzRewzJmXCddh2M7TnDGDWGIBtMP0_oPaQ

If pigs flip in Round 8 instead of 9 I think it gets to 150.
G-Mumz

Post by G-Mumz »

After checking out Lumin's seed I tried substituting in Ale-Benches for the Milking Stool and scored a 155. I also had the pigs show up in Round 9, so the maximum with the current set of cards appears to be 156.

Here is the seed if anyone wants to try: eNoFwdsBwBAQBMCWssSefN6jERxVKD4zuDPHftHqV1YXXkVqgTYaj2EZq5Muw5GOHZxxokjw-QHWiQ-T

There's not much left to try to improve on. I was 1 clay short of getting the full 3 points from Pottery, but I'm not sure how we get that without losing a Bellfounder point. I ended up taking Build Rooms three times so that is also a potential improvement, but I don't think it's possible to get the extra reed to build 3 rooms in Round 6.
EuroGamez

Post by EuroGamez »

Cool to see other people trying this out. Haven't been able to check out the forums until today due to a bug...

Did try this myself back in late June when the new cards came, only did one try but got a 124 (game #278930715).

That 155 is impressive though! =) The new forrest cards definitely unlock some crazy good actions to take early while leaving the accululation spaces (sort of).
bluestar

Post by bluestar »

boardgamearena.com/table?table=310863550
I got 177 points,if pig accumulation space filps at R8,it should be 180+.
Lumin_S

Post by Lumin_S »

Cool strategy, bluestar - but it looks like this game takes advantage of a bug I haven't seen before. Discarding a food should not allow the player to activate Beer Stein or Baking Sheet without actually baking grain.

Return to “Agricola”