Old Graphics are better than the original

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
idum

Old Graphics are better than the original

Post by idum »

Today I've discovered you have implemented the "original" graphics of the cards into BGA.
I hope there will be the option to use the older one, that was less invasive. Or at least to change some visual settings.
In this way game is very difficult to play
superdenis

Re: Old Graphics are better than the original

Post by superdenis »

hello !
i agree and hope to see a button to make us choice the look we like to play with ....
the new version is horrible :( , it is a nightmare from my point of view...
Damned, we started to see a lot of new players , but i guess this version is going to reverse the good dynamic to dust.....
I love this game , so please , let's give us the choice of the display !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
humanoftheyear

Post by humanoftheyear »

I agree. I have played thousands of games of Innovation on BGA, far more than any other game on the platform, but I do not think this change is something I will get used to; I think it is terrible and intrusive design that makes the game much less enjoyable and intuitive to play.

I will likely stop playing if there is not a way to change to simpler graphics, not as a form of protest but because it is simply unenjoyable.
iliketolose

Post by iliketolose »

Came here to see if anyone else disliked the graphic update. It's pretty bad, would really like the option to have older graphics.
mumpsimus

Post by mumpsimus »

I now find it much harder to read the cards, because there are so many more busy details. I would love the option to switch back to the old graphics.
ctcheung

Post by ctcheung »

Yes, please change it back, or at least give us an option to choose which graphic. I bet 95% of players would pick the old one.
Ecogeek

Post by Ecogeek »

FYI: I believe they changed the graphics to fit the expansions. So if I understand that correctly, if you wanted to have old graphics you'd have to play without expansions. That could be an option, but it would be tricky, I think to impliment.
dansimon44

Post by dansimon44 »

I agree, I have played thousands of times here on BGA. Please revert the graphics change.
Zaximus

Post by Zaximus »

Aside from how busy the cards look now, the card colors themselves are almost offensive to colorblind players. If I didn't know what most of the cards already are, I would have a hard time distinguishing them apart. (This is also true in the print version for me at least, so just one more vote to have the option to go back to the original BGA graphics).
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

The developers already know:
https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=1920503

The short answer is that the old graphics are not available for the new expansions.

Return to “Innovation”